Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too much iron now constipated and nauseous

I made a mistake and took 2 Iron tabs, 65 mg each. My iron was really low, I could tell because my RLS was acting up big time. Anyway, dinner just sort of stuck in my tummy overnight, still feels like it's there, and I've become increasingly nauseous as well. I'm able to pass gas, so there isn't a permanent blockage or anything.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm sipping Water slowly this morning hoping things will naturally ease along. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm 2 weeks post op and until this moment was recovering really well.

Thanks!

Right after surgery, you will experience episodes of diarrhea or Constipation. It is normal and probably not attributed to taking an extra Iron pill. For constipation the important thing is to make sure you drink the daily requirements for liquids. When you lose weight, your body not only consumes fats but also releases into your body many elements such as hormones, chemicals stored in the fats and these must be flushed out of your system by fluids, especially filtered Water.

There are many ways to deal with constipation. There is an herbal tea called Smooth Move by Traditional Medicinals that can be found in many grocery stores such as Kroger's or health food stores.

I made a mistake and took 2 Iron tabs, 65 mg each. My Iron was really low, I could tell because my RLS was acting up big time. Anyway, dinner just sort of stuck in my tummy overnight, still feels like it's there, and I've become increasingly nauseous as well. I'm able to pass gas, so there isn't a permanent blockage or anything.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm sipping Water slowly this morning hoping things will naturally ease along. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm 2 weeks post op and until this moment was recovering really well.

Thanks!

Just to be on the safe side, Call your surgeon.

Anytime there is nausea along with diarrhea, there is concern.

Why chance anything serious?. Call him/her and find your answers.

Feel better and keep posting. We CARE. :)

I had Constipation so bad after my surgery I was forced to do an enema to get relief. Since then I have just added ground flex seeds to my food which has helped keep me pretty regular.