Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe a late stage complication?

I'm having a something. Maybe an ulcer, maybe gallbladder. Been seen by PCP who thinks I have developed ulcer from IB.

Surgeon says IB dose not likely high enough to cause ulcer. Still, she immediately has ordered scope that she will do and ultrasound to check gallbladder.

I've been on Prilosec 40mg and Zantac for a week with not much improvement in pain on empty stomach and nausea. Lots of burping and gurgling.

Im looking for some reassurance from vets. The complications forum seems very leak focused. Has anyone developed ulcer 3+ years out. Any other thoughts? Scope is Tuesday.

I had most of those symptoms 3years out. It ended up being my gallbladder, which was removed.

Keep in touch and feel better,

I had most of those symptoms 3years out. It ended up being my gallbladder, which was removed.

It didn't occur to me that it could be my gallbladder because I don't have that doubled over pain that worsens when I eat and drives ppl to the ED. but I have learned that is one type of several types of GB disease ....always learning.

My pain actually improves when my sleeve is full.

It didn't occur to me that it could be my gallbladder because I don't have that doubled over pain that worsens when I eat and drives ppl to the ED. but I have learned that is one type of several types of GB disease ....always learning.

My pain actually improves when my sleeve is full.

In my case, my gallbladder did not have stones and was not "infected". It was full of "sludge". That is the best medical term "they" came up with.

Let me know what your final diagnosis is. I'm sure the info will be helpful.

I hope you get it figured out sooner than later. Sounds very unpleasant!

My memory is terrible, but someone had an ulcer quite awhile post op. She went through bad times, but did recover! Keeping fingers crossed you get an easy to fix diagnosis!

Ultrasound this afternoon. It makes me giggle when the schedulers are shocked that I can fast for 6-8 hours in the day time, "most people want first thing in the morning so they can fast overnight." And then several times of reassurance, "are you sure you can drink or eat nothing?" The power of da sleeve.

Ultrasound this afternoon. It makes me giggle when the schedulers are shocked that I can fast for 6-8 hours in the day time, "most people want first thing in the morning so they can fast overnight." And then several times of reassurance, "are you sure you can drink or eat nothing?" The power of da sleeve.

Hope the ultrasound went well. AND I hope you are sipping, sipping, sipping trying to catch up! I have had to do the same (without food or drink until late afternoon) for several things and it takes a while to catch up on that hydration.

Hope the ultrasound went well. AND I hope you are sipping, sipping, sipping trying to catch up! I have had to do the same (without food or drink until late afternoon) for several things and it takes a while to catch up on that hydration.

Thanks for the well wishes. The ultrasound was a breeze. Waiting for results is nerve wracking. I swear with technology I've become so impatient.

I been drinking Protein Drinks since I got done. They are my go to right now. I have Water nausea but I can drink flavored water. Like Mio flavored. So that and Protein drinks.

I'm anxious for your results, too! I hope you are feeling ok and not too anxious!

Blood test results no H. Pilori. So that's a relief.

Ultrasound is negative. On to EGD tomorrow. ????

Ultrasound is negative. On to EGD tomorrow.

How are you feeling? Any better or still miserable? I hope you can get to the bottom of this mystery sooner than later. It sounds like it's already been dragged out for far too long.

My symptoms are unchanged for 10 days but improved some with the Prilosec and Zantac.

Bleck.

I hope whatever is going on is obvious on the EGD, easily resolved and that I don't have to wait for biopsy results. ????

Thanks for following along!