Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm around week 15 and 9 lbs from goal. I am expecting my Weightloss to slow down or stall, but it's not.

I have noticed a new pattern and was wondering if anyone else has experienced it and/or your thoughts.

First off, I am a very conscientious logger of food, Water, and exercise. I am consuming 1000 calories, 70 grams+ of Protein, 64 ounces of Water, and burning 3,000 calories a day.

Monday - Friday, I pretty much stall. Then the weekend comes and I have a drink (or two) and the pounds fall off.

I have now been observing this for over a month.

BTW, I only drink red wine or bourbon/vodka and water. Around 100 calories per drink.

You are almost at goal at 15 weeks???? Wow! That is amazing!

It's probably not about the alcohol so much as the calories. You say you are burning 3,000 a day (which translates into hours and hours of exercise) and consuming 1,000, so your body is probably entering preservation mode.

Even if you meant 300 calories burned per day, that's still a lot of exercise. You might want to up your cals to 1200 or something just to see what happens.

It's probably not about the alcohol so much as the calories. You say you are burning 3,000 a day (which translates into hours and hours of exercise) and consuming 1,000, so your body is probably entering preservation mode.

Even if you meant 300 calories burned per day, that's still a lot of exercise. You might want to up your cals to 1200 or something just to see what happens.

No, 3000 calories a day according to my fitness tracker. I exercise about an hour/day and go out of my way to take extra steps whenever possible.

What kind of fitness tracker are you using? To really burn 3000 calories in a day you would literally have to do several hours of hard core cardio and even then 3000 is a lot.

Are you sure your fitness tracker is working?

More than likely the weight loss you are experiencing is due to dehydration. Let me explain:

Alcohol is a diuretic. For every shot of liquor you consume your body will expel an additional 120mL of Fluid. Drinking more Water while you are consuming alcohol isn't as simple of a solution as people make it out to be. You only retain about 1/3 to 1/2 of the Water you consume while drinking and the urination won't stop until the alcohol has left your system, and ADH (antidiuretc hormone) levels return to normal.

I considered that except I always drink extra Water the day before and after. Also, the weight never comes back.

I think it's a way to get my body to release the weight it's been holding on to (as in BM)...

What kind of fitness tracker are you using? To really burn 3000 calories in a day you would literally have to do several hours of hard core cardio and even then 3000 is a lot.

Misfit Shine currently and others in the past. I always burn 2600 to 3500.

A 155-pound person burns about 596 calories in 60 minutes going 5 mph on the treadmill. I really think your fit tracker is wrong. Or you may want to cut back from your 8-10 hours of vigorous exercise every day.

A 155-pound person burns about 596 calories in 60 minutes going 5 mph on the treadmill. I really think your fit tracker is wrong. Or you may want to cut back from your 8-10 hours of vigorous exercise every day.

I agree, I'd toss that fitness tracker fast.

Hey there all you Rocket Scientists -- read my original post and toss your own fitness trackers!

"burning 3,000 calories a day. "

I agree, I'd toss that fitness tracker fast.

Makes sense, 15 weeks out of surgery, down 82 pounds, 9 pounds from goal - sure I'll toss the fitness tracker - NOT!

You people really need to educate yourself if you ever want to get thin!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/312510-how-many-calories-are-burned-daily-by-active-sedentary-people/

This.

Running a marathon (26.2 miles) burns less than 3000 calories and takes most moderately fit people 4 hours or so.

I would question your electronics. Unless they include your BMR in that (that's the amount you burn per day just living and breathing basically). Then maybe it's accurate.

Listen, being rude doesn't get you anywhere. You said you burned 3,000 calories and then that you track your food, drink, and exercise. That logically leads people to think you believe you are burning 3,000 calories with exercise.

Now you link to an article that describes calories burned throughout the day (which is rarely the way people discuss calorie burn but I'll disregard that). So now you lead us to believe you are talking about your total calories burned.

It's still not clear what you really mean. Don't get snotty if people don't understand something you've written when it's about as clear as mud.

Regardless, it's risky to be drinking alcohol in any amount after WLS. But I'm sure you have all the answers there too.

Good luck to you.