Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone scheduled for March?

I am tentatively scheduled for March 7th.

I have had my initial consult, 1st visit with nutritionist, hospital seminar (required at my hospital), 1st cardiologist appt done, psych eval done, 1st gastro appt done. I still have to do my stress test and echocardiogram, endoscopy, pulmonologist appt (this coming week) and 1 more nutritionst appt. Insurance approval hasn't been given yet either, but my Doc sees no problems since I meet the qualifications.

Looking for people to share this journey with...

I'm starting the steps also and have all of my pre-authorization appointments scheduled for this month and the beginning of February. I'm hoping to schedule for March also! Good Luck!

I've scheduled all of my clearances as well for this month. I'm hoping to have surgery the end of March or early April.

I'm scheduled for late March, pending approval from my insurance. Just trying to get all of the prerequisites done and work on the new lifestyle transition. I'm addicted to Diet Cokes. Giving them up is going to be one of the hardest things to do.

How are you doing in working on the transition?

I'm scheduled for the seminar on the 28th of this month. My insurance requires 6 months of medically supervised weight loss, but I'm hoping with all the issues, I won't have to do that. I will see.

If I have to do the 6 months, I will be right at the two year anniversary of my last major surgery, and 4 years from the first major surgery. I have sworn up and down I'm not on the two year surgery plan. This time though, it will be because I want it not because it's a life threatening condition.

I can't wait to get started! I was getting prescriptions earlier today for taxes, and I've spent a lot of money on drugs for my different obesity related conditions. Hopefully that will change by the end of this year!

How are you doing in working on the transition?

My nutritionist suggested I change my breakfasts to a Protein shake, but did not require it (BMI is 36.6 so she is not requiring it), I am doing Protein shakes for Breakfast and lunch during the week, but did only Breakfast this weekend. Nighttime is my bad time - I am having a hard time dropping the Snacks. She also wants me to follow the bariatric plate plan - and that is dificult for me too. I am hoping it gets easier as I go...so far it has been very hard. I do not do well with feeling hungry. Have you started any pre-diet?

I am scheduled for March 1st and I am counting the day!

Is anyone else on a pre-op diet yet? I called my surgeon's office today and they have my psych eval and my endo sent over a letter of medical necessity. My GP assured me they would send one over today too. Hoping to get insurance approval soon! Getting excited! I am not going to tell my kids until my approval comes through and I know it is definite -

Edited by AmyQwith2

@AmyQwith2 I wouldn't think the pre-op diet for you will start until a couple of weeks before surgery. My surgery is scheduled for the March 1st and I will be starting my pre-op diet on Feb the 16th.

I am sure it will get more rigorous at that point, but she did refer to this as a pre-op diet. I will find out for sure on Monday. I heard from an outside source that I will have to do a low-fat diet 3 days ahead of time to shrink my liver, and pure liquids the day before surgery. I don't think they do anything really strict at my office, but they start early with trying to get us to eat well.
My nutritionist appts are the only ones in this process that I like :)

I had to go through 6 months supervised dieting and my nutritionist had me on a very low carb diet.

I'm hoping for mid March, in Mexico!

I am scheduled for March 16th. I have been approved by insurance, endoscopy and hospital class are done. I have to wait until after 2/16/16 to have the gall bladder ultrasound, chest x-ray and blood work because my surgeon wants that all to be no more than 1 month old at time of surgery. On March 7th I start a restricted calorie high Protein diet and on March 13th I go on the liquid diet. I can't wait!! I'm so ready for this.