Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery date 19 /2/2016

Hi I'm 56 years old and I have about 35 kg to 40kg to loose well I would hope that I can. I'm new to this forum, I have been told my surgery date will be on the 19/2/2016 I am excited but also scared of post op complications. I do think about how much my health issues will improve. But I'm still a little concerned. I have been reading that the people who are doing the RNY are younger than me so I would like to hear from some people around my age who have done this procedure and are post op.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

????

Edited by Land12345

my date is 2/2/16 im 42 and a little nerves but excited

I am 40 and waiting on a date. Submitting this week to insurance and praying for a quick approval!

Hi I'm 56 years old and I have about 35 kg to 40kg to loose well I would hope that I can. I'm new to this forum, I have been told my surgery date will be on the 19/2/2016 I am excited but also scared of post op complications. I do think about how much my health issues will improve. But I'm still a little concerned. I have been reading that the people who are doing the RNY are younger than me so I would like to hear from some people around my age who have done this procedure and are post op.

JOIN IS!! This is a closed/secret group for everyone who is going to have bypass surgery in February 2016!

We would LOVE to have you join in wit us! Just go to Facebook and search my name LaNae Davis Petersen, send me a friend request. I can then send you an invite to secret page and then I'll remove you back off my friends list :)

It's meant to be a positive group who we can all be going through the same things at the same tim on this journey! The goals will be to provide support, bounce questions off each other, have somewhere safe to share on the days that aren't so great, and share our victories on this journey!

MOST importantly it's all confidential, unless you are in this group people can't see the group, who's in it or what the posts are.

I'm 57 overweight about 60 pounds. I have severe reflux even triggered by Water at times. I have very managed care Group Health of Washington, don't think they will cover surgery if I decide to do it. I also have kidney tumor that is very slow growing but eventually will need to come out. I'm thinking of the RNY but don't know....any advice would be great, I'm not afraid of going to Mexico if I have to. I've done Nutrisystem, Medifast, Weight Watchers, HMR, the Drops, .... All work until I go off the diet then bam fat again. I'm 5'9" and 248 lbs.

Im getting the bypass on Feb 8th. I'm 49 as of 1/16 this year. I frequently go to the post op forum for gastric bypass, and they have one for gastric sleeve also. I've found people to be very friendly and offer great advice. Sooner than I think, I'll be a post op person! Keep reading and visiting this site, you will find anything you needs to answer your concerns ????!

I'm having a revision from the band to bypass. Focus on the two week pre-op diet. You will be amazed some of the weight and other changes during this period.