Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy Veterans Day

A special shout out to my fellow veterans.

Can you get back into your old uniform yet? If so, show it off. It's our day.

And thank you to every taxpayer and citizen for giving me the privilege of serving in the best armed service on earth.

Cpt. Kirk

Thank you for your service!

• post-106573-0-58946300-1447235053_thumb.

post-106573-0-58946300-1447235053_thumb.jpg

OKCPirate, and everyone who served our great Nation, thank you for your service and happy Veteran's Day.

adm_istock_veteran_685.jpg

@@OKCPirate -- This segment of the Bob Hope tribute must have been preceded by some show biz people toasting him. Yours, however, is so much more: Who else belonged there than the people who'd been given a breather. Very moving.

@@B-52 -- WIll you take a minute to identify the ribbons? At first I thought they're yours, but the 1960 says differently, I think.

Yesterday (11/11) was Remembrance Day here in Australia...

And every day, I'm fortunate enough to work alongside members of Australia's Army, Navy and Air Force.

To those who have served and to those who currently are, no matter which country you are representing -

Thank you...

@@KindaFamiliar - Dang I loved working with the Aussies. Great group of guys to have on your side in joint operations. And they always had the best parties. They were never really fond of us Yanks. They said we had three problems...over sexed, over paid and over here. ;-)

@@OKCPirate

And nothing has changed...

They still say the same thing..

Of course, it's said with only mocking disrespect (for the most part at least)...

You/they did/do a great thing...

And I've no doubt that the respective nations are grateful..

@@OKCPirate --

The version I heard involved complaints of the Brits:

Americans were: Overfed

Oversexed

Over here

To which the Americans retorted: Underfed

Undersexed

Under Eisenhower

nb: I googled to be sure I was recalling it correctly and found others from the lists, new to me:

Overpaid v. Underpaid.

Let's play nicely.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

@@OKCPirate -- This segment of the Bob Hope tribute must have been preceded by some show biz people toasting him. Yours, however, is so much more: Who else belonged there than the people who'd been given a breather. Very moving.

@@B-52 -- WIll you take a minute to identify the ribbons? At first I thought they're yours, but the 1960 says differently, I think.

Yes, they are mine....

The green one with the date 1960 on it is the "Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal", which was awarded during 2 time periods...1949-1954, and the second time period was 1960 to ???? There is no end date because the republic ceased to exist. So, it remains simply as 1960.

The one in the middle is the "Vietnam Presidential Citation Medal", and the one on top of the three is the "Combat Action" Medal, awarded for satisfactory performance under enemy fire.