Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm scheduled for Dec 16th!

Stay positive, be patient with the journey, be easy on yourself, reflect why it is you have made this life altering decision, ask, ask, ask lots and lots of questions.

Post-op is a little different for everyone and when you get to that side, you'll have new issues to overcome but don't worry about that today. Focus on the task at hand and what is required of you pre-op.

Congrats! I'm December 16th too. Getting ready to start the pre-op diet Monday and am more nervous about not losing enough than the surgery. They/re very relaxed about the pre-op stuff here in Norway. Good luck!

Thanks guys! I have a two week pre-op diet (not really sure what it is yet). Dr office sent out a packet in the mail with all my appointments, lab test requests and the pre op diet stuff in it and I am eagerly waiting for that to get here.

Bit of a complication, but on the mend.

My spleen was scarred by the lap band and was nicked. Couldn't stop the bleeding so they had to take the spleen too. So got a bigger scar and annual vaccinations with my bypass. Talk about freebies. Still in hospital. May leave tomorrow or the next day. Sip, sip, sip!

Sorry to her that seabreeze. At least in the hospital your still on IV. I'm terrified that I'm going to get dehydrated. I sip all day and night while awake and still cannot get the 64 oz my dr wants. I also have a drain which sucks. I'm worried since the drain is filling up faster since I've been home. I get to start Protein Shakes today... Hoping that goes ok. I tried chicken broth last night and I got the hiccups! Omg it was terrible.

Hiccups are the worst! I've been on IV but not today. Had Protein yesterday and today and trying for 1.5 liters Water today. Walking and sipping. The walking helps. The drain sounds scary to me, but I'm sure it will help. Best of luck!

congrats to those on the other side im still pre-op but my surgeon suggested getting a Water bottle called a camelbak with a bitevalve to help with sipping you can get it on Amazon

congrats to those on the other side im still pre-op but my surgeon suggested getting a water bottle called a camelbak with a bitevalve to help with sipping you can get it on Amazon

any type of straw is a huge no no with my doc.

I have also been told a huge no to anything resembling a straw. I use a basic Nalgene bottle. They are cheap and have the measurements on the side. I have had it for about a year and no leaks yet! And I keep it in my backpack all of the time.