Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 7 GAINING!

Hi Friends,

I am confused and discouraged...I was sleeved 7/20 (seven weeks ago). Everything went great and I lost about 30 pounds in month 1. Since then (2.5 weeks now) I have lost nothing…that was OK I was just having a stall. We all do, no big deal, stick with the plan etc. But for the past two days I have found that I am GAINING. In the past two days my scale says I am up 3.5 pounds. This seems impossible to me as I have had less than 1600 combined calories for those two days and have been pretty active. My Water intake has remained consistent and I am not having premenstrual Water retention. So how can it be that I am gaining more weight? I’m panicking that my sleeve is too big and that I am on my way to gaining it back just as quick as it dropped off.

@@Bean80128 - I just came on the forum to post the same thing!

I was sleeve 8/5 (5 weeks) and between the pre-surgical liquid and surgery I'm down 37 pounds. I stalled for about a week and then GAINED 2 pounds. I don't understand how this is possible, I have 1/4 of a friggin stomach! My eating has remained Protein, Protein, protein (Boar's Head deli meat, fish, chicken, cheese and quiche). I haven't had sweets, carbs or anything from the "forbidden list". I've been getting about 64oz of Water a day (some days much more, other days it's a struggle).

Please let me know what you find out!

Relax! Stop weighing yourself so you don't drive yourself crazy. It will come off, your bodies are just readjusting. I'm only a few weeks past you two (sleeved 6/30/15), but I've learned the body does weird things. I'm settling into a 2 lb per week average, but when I looked at the daily amounts it was stressful. A month or so down the road you'll just giggle at how you drove yourself nuts. Just follow your rules from your surgeon/nut and you'll do fine!

OK SleeveNV-I'm trusting you!

Couldn't have said it better than Sleevenv!! The scale will shift & you will settle in. I am 4mos post-op & have hit this same problem a couple times. I just kept on doing what I was supposed to & in a couple days the scale tipped the other way.

Good luck!

Check your scale. I am about 9 weeks now (maybe 10?) and I went away from vacation and KNOW that I lost weight and my husband told me he could tell. Well I got home and jumped on the scale and i was 5 lbs HEAVIER than when I left 2 weeks ago. Obviously I was pissed. I moved the scale to the place in the bathroom where it was before I left and it turns out I lost about 4 1/2 lbs in those 2 weeks.

Also, it's not just about the scale. Your body is losing in other ways. My scale doesn't move an the time, but pants don't fit, face is skinnier, boobs deflating. Don't worry and do what you need to do, your body will adjust.

I am 6 months post op, and was on a server stall for 06/02/15 I was at 208, and 07/13/15 I was at 203 at this time my Nut didn't like it and wanted me to be seen monthly, however I now have a new Nut and like her much better. I also had a car accedent 2 day before my weigh in and cannot excersie. As 8/6/15 I was 199.6 I was as of yesterday my scale started to move again, I am now 197.6 and have lost 6.5 inches around my hips, 7 around my waste, 2 inches on my chest, and no longer have a double chin, so just because you are not losing on the scale doesn't mean you are still not losing.

This is really hard and sometimes you may think that you are not doing great, and don't see progress, if you take your inches you will see it. Right now you are still thinking that you are failing, you need to get out of your own head.

We all have been there. I was there for two months, but I am back on track and hope to be 70 lbs lighter by my birthday 12/17. That will be my 9 month post op.

Good Luck everyone.

I am having surgery on Monday, and have decided to not weigh myself until my one month out. I am going to follow the rules, exercise as I can, and not worry about it....HOPEFULLY it will show in my face and energy level on its own. Good luck!

I am having surgery on Monday, and have decided to not weigh myself until my one month out. I am going to follow the rules, exercise as I can, and not worry about it....HOPEFULLY it will show in my face and energy level on its own. Good luck!

Good luck with that! You better throw out any scale in your house. Make sure you take your measurements.