Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I really love these forums because...

People aren't afraid to help and answer questions. Seems to be that all of us are humbled due to our struggles to this point and beyond so there is a lot of help.

I also love this place mainly due to the sense of humors and just plain funny things. If you have been obese like I have most of my life, we learn to laugh and be funny. To the point that it's funny and not really gouging at someone real hard. Really makes me smile reading some stuff.

I love the light heartedness of a lot of the contributors!

I also love the fact that if you ask...most likely. You are going to get told like it is. No candy coating, cotton candy wrapped or bacon infused BS. Greatness!!!

I am new here and hope to be here during and AFTER my initial journey. My sleeve was done June 29, 2015...gotta a long road ahead of me but with these forums, it will probably be like cruising down to the coast with good conversation from great people.

Ok...that's all the raving I will do right now, I usually won't type stuff like this and I've been a moderator for several business and automotive forums....just nice to see a definite change in personalities! (for the better!) :)

So anyways...Hello!

Welcome aboard you (soon to be) thin and trim guy! I too, love it here. Keeps my eye on my goal and answers most if not all of my questions and concerns just by reading on a daily basis. Welcome hoe!

Hello @ and welcome! Glad to meet you and looking forward to your posts. I love this forum and I typically tell it like it is. Sometimes my head wants to explode at what I read but hey everyone's journey is their own. My husband says you can lead a horse to Water but you can't drown him. I also laugh at some posts I see and I love the veteran's who are quick to set someone straight with some tough love.

Keep posting and let us know how you are doing!

Hello! How are you feeling?

Honestly, I couldn't have done this without the knowledge, humor and friendships I've found on this forum. I can't even explain how much knowledge I've gained! It's part of what I beleive has made me successful so far.

I've been called one of the big meanies on here at times because I don't mince words. There are a few of us. But honestly, we all have nothing but our fellow WLS peeps best interests at heart. We've been there. We understand how hard this whole thing can be at times. And we Celebrate the victories. Sure, there's going to be disagreements, but ultimately in the end, we are all in this together :)

Welcome and keep posting on how you're doing!

I am doing ok. I get the *downies* as I call them. But I get on here...read, learn, laugh and then go drink a damn Protein shake, Isopure, broth..you know..LIQUIDS!!! lol.

I will be sure to keep everyone posted on my journey as I love reading about all your journeys.

Hello! How are you feeling?

Honestly, I couldn't have done this without the knowledge, humor and friendships I've found on this forum. I can't even explain how much knowledge I've gained! It's part of what I beleive has made me successful so far.

I've been called one of the big meanies on here at times because I don't mince words. There are a few of us. But honestly, we all have nothing but our fellow WLS peeps best interests at heart. We've been there. We understand how hard this whole thing can be at times. And we Celebrate the victories. Sure, there's going to be disagreements, but ultimately in the end, we are all in this together :)

Welcome and keep posting on how you're doing!

Babbs..I have almost busted a stitch or eight laughing at some of your replies! Greatness!

This is a great place to be honest and forthright, as we've all been there and done that. I honestly don't think I could have gotten through the long approval process if I hadn't stumbled onto this forum.

It was like I was confused, alone, and unsure how to proceed one minute, and then BAM I was suddenly surrounded with all the support and encouragement I could ever need.

I've never before in my life been able to so openly talk about being fat, and I never knew just how liberating it could be!

@

I don't know if you've had the pleasure of coming across this thread yet, but you're gonna really bust a gut. One of my favorites. It's long, but so worth the laughs....

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/335674-seriously-really-you-cant-be-serious/page-7?hl=%2Bflounce#entry3787761

And @, you think MY responses are funny?? You need to see some of @@LipstickLady's....

Classic.

The big meanie.

I sent him over to the flounce thread. I sure hope he doesn't think it's ALWAYS like that around here....

Now I'm regretting linking that thread....

And @, you think MY responses are funny?? You need to see some of @@LipstickLady's....Classic. The big meanie.

I just read that whole thread you linked... I teared up. Love it! Meanie? I am a veteran of the Internet. AL Gore certified..

I sent him over to the flounce thread. I sure hope he doesn't think it's ALWAYS like that around here....

Now I'm regretting linking that thread....

The one poster " are all sleevers this way?"... That thread was on point. Well.. Till the finger pointing. Lol

This is a great place to be honest and forthright, as we've all been there and done that. I honestly don't think I could have gotten through the long approval process if I hadn't stumbled onto this forum.

It was like I was confused, alone, and unsure how to proceed one minute, and then BAM I was suddenly surrounded with all the support and encouragement I could ever need.

I've never before in my life been able to so openly talk about being fat, and I never knew just how liberating it could be!

EXACTLY