Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too much weight loss

I had my surgery on May 12

On April 28 I weighed 351lbs

On May 12 I weighed 331lbs

Yesterday I weighed myself and I was 274lbs that's means in 6 weeks I lost 74 lbs which too me is a little excessive

Is there anyone that can relate?

Girl I wish I was moving that fast. But I was told that the more you weigh, the faster you lose, but if that's the case I should be losing as fast as you because my weight at surgery was 342 lbs, 4/8/15, and 10.5 weeks only lost 45 lbs. Current weight 297 lbs. Not complaining but unfortunately I think I might be a slow loser.

Girl I wish I was moving that fast. But I was told that the more you weigh, the faster you lose, but if that's the case I should be losing as fast as you because my weight at surgery was 342 lbs, 4/8/15, and 10.5 weeks only lost 45 lbs. Current weight 297 lbs. Not complaining but unfortunately I think I might be a slow loser.

I read that the faster you loose the faster you get to that peek where you don't loose weight. And I'm very weak I can barely eat. I'm still on liquids despite the fact the doctor wants me to have food

Try to transition to real food if that's what your dr wants, and eat enough so you don't get weak. That would concern me much more than the rapid loss.

You def lose it faster if you start at a higher weight. It's math, takes more calories to maintain a higher weight you eating the same calories as someone who weighs less you have a bigger deficit.

I lost quite fast especially at the beginning (17lbs first week). Eventually it slowed and I lost all my excess weight and more.

Still being on liquids will definitely cause you to lose faster? How come you cannot transfer to at least pureed? Fear or has it made you sick? Let us know and maybe we can give you some suggestions. I can certainly tell you fear was a big reason for me to not move on but I have one small meal at a time.

It would be great to have a little more info about why you are still on liquids. We might be able to offer some suggestions.

Still being on liquids will definitely cause you to lose faster? How come you cannot transfer to at least pureed? Fear or has it made you sick? Let us know and maybe we can give you some suggestions. I can certainly tell you fear was a big reason for me to not move on but I have one small meal at a time.

I tried to eat but everything makes me vomit I want to eat so bad and it upsets my stomach even vegetables mashed to a baby food consistency makes me vomit. The nurse practitioner told me it might be a strictia (spelling??) but they need to do an endoscopy to confirm but I'm always so hungry, the only thing that I have been able to eat is Chex mix like 4 or five mini squares and I snack on that all day every few hours I'll have 4 or 5

It would be great to have a little more info about why you are still on liquids. We might be able to offer some suggestions.

I vomit everything I can't keep everything down

Stricture. Hope they figure out what's wrong! Have they given you anti nausea meds like zofran or phenegran?