Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 8 days post op. On the two week liquid diet... I WANT TO EAT food ! Super frustrated. Everyone around me is eating and I'm feeling sorry for myself I guess. It's silly to think food has this much control over me and my emotions !!! Anyone else have this problem post op ????

Bless your heart... I haven't had surgery yet, but I would imagine this is SO HARD!!! I am dreading it. I think it's very normal. Good luck to you... may the days be short and mushies come quickly!

I am almost 2 years out and I want to eat food too! Lol, I think everyone feels the way you do when they are at your point in the journey. Time passes and before you know it you will be eating normal food again. I've maintained under my goal for about 3 months now and while for the most part I can eat what I want, I often choose not to simply because I like being skinny marginally more than I like cake...marginally being the key word.

It's ok to be frustrated and emotional, if we didn't have an emotional challenge with food I don't think most of us would have gotten to the point where we had to have 80% of our stomach cut out.

Chin up, buttercup...it will get better. :)

Yes yes and YES!

The first week or two was very hard. I missed chewing. I missed flavor. I did not sit in the same room with my family while they ate. Which made the food jealousy easier, but it was lonely.

It's slowly gotten better. I'm 4 weeks out so I can eat some foods. I still don't like to sit and eat with the family, but when I do, it doesn't bother me nearly as much. Partially because I am chewing now, and I can have things with more flavor.

I did have some pizza with the family the other day. It smelled too good not to pass up. But I could only eat three or four bites. Small bites. And I was done. That was such a shock to me! The desire to stuff my face is still there. I wanted to gobble down that pizza. But I physically could not do it, and that was one of those life changing moments. Made me realize that this really will work.

I am on day 9 post op and initially started out doing well. Now I've just lost it and slowed down a lot. I walk at a slow pace do not want to answer questions and yes I am starving. I hate all Protein Drinks, even though they taste like vomit I got down 35-45 g today. I've tried mixing it in Soup, tried adding a spoon of cream of wheat to make me feel like I am actually getting something in. Not working. I am getting 64 oz of Fluid in and that is what's kept me out of the er though but I am terribly weak. I don't know, but I hope soft foods in 6 days will turn this around! Anyone else similar problems?

I am on day 9 post op and initially started out doing well. Now I've just lost it and slowed down a lot. I walk at a slow pace do not want to answer questions and yes I am starving. I hate all Protein drinks, even though they taste like vomit I got down 35-45 g today. I've tried mixing it in Soup, tried adding a spoon of cream of wheat to make me feel like I am actually getting something in. Not working. I am getting 64 oz of Fluid in and that is what's kept me out of the er though but I am terribly weak. I don't know, but I hope soft foods in 6 days will turn this around! Anyone else similar problems?

Bless your heart. I hope you feel better soon, I hate you're feeling so bad!!! Sounds like misery!