Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your Favorite Post-Op Go-to Foods

What are your favorite post-op high Protein go-tos?

I've relied heavily on:

Dannon Light and Fit GREEK yogurts - 80 calories, 12g protein, 1g sugar - LOVE! vanilla is my fave.

StarKist tuna Single Serve Pouches - Lemon Pepper flavor has 18g protein. Also love Ranch, but only 14g protein in Ranch.

BabyBel Mini Mozzarella cheese - one little disc is 50 cals/6g protein

Quest Bars in chocolate Brownie. I eat about 1/3 at a time since the carbs are on the higher side. Love them!

Shrimp - cooked, with a touch of cocktail sauce.

Alaskan Snow Crab meat - OMG, so delicious. But a special occasion since it's expensive.

Grilled chicken. I cook 5 lbs on the weekends for mg hubby and I to eat on all week.

Turkey sausage. Ground. Its soft and oh so good.

Scrambled eggs.

I also did a lot of tuna packets.

String cheese.

Protein shakes and bars. But be careful of the bars. They can have a lot of carbs.

If you are far enough out and can have salad, I recommend the Walden's No Calorie dressings. Huge fan of these. Allows me to have my salads without the guilt of the dressings!

I had it up to here with Premiere, as good as it is i needed a change! i found New whey liquid Protein 42 grams in one bottle and it doesnt taste very good but i can sip the 3.8 oz and be done with it, in half an hour i get over half of my required Protein, i try to get the rest from food but sometimes have to do another oz or so of the evil liquid :) or i will freeze the premier into popscicles,

my fave go to foods right now seem to be

anything turkey! espeically the low fat meatballs, 3 meatballs feels like a feast right now!

Morning start farms black bean burgers, i can make one last me 3 meals, low fat and great protein

for my sweet tooth a mashed up banana or some mashed up rinsed peaches

love the ideas!

What are your favorite post-op high Protein go-tos?

I've relied heavily on:

Dannon Light and Fit GREEK yogurts - 80 calories, 12g Protein, 1g sugar - LOVE! vanilla is my fave.

Quest Bars

Those are two of my BIG ones, though I like the Raspberry and Key Lime flavors of Dannon and I LIVE for chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest Bars.

Some other staples for me are reduced fat string cheese and lightly salted peanuts. Recently I discovered that my grocery store sells "buffalo chicken pizza topping" over in their prepared foods section where they sell pre-portioned pizza toppings for "make your own" pizza. It's just cut up pieces of grilled chicken in wing sauce. I heat up a couple of ounces of that in the microwave and put a little 2% shredded mozzarella cheese on top for a quick lunch.

Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt- most flavors, especially the key lime and the cherry chocolate

eggs

smooth Peanut Butter

turkey meatballs

turkey or chicken deli meat

salmon!!

chicken

premier Protein premade

Jay Robb vanilla or strawberry w/ SF Torani Syrup

still on soft food phase so a bit more limited

I wish i could do cheese and eggs or Peanut Butter, my Dr says no, im also on the mushy food stage and i am craving eggs and just a slice of cheese , never thought that would happen!

Im starting to think my surgeons diet is a bit strict! lol

:blink:

Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt- most flavors, especially the key lime and the cherry chocolate

eggs

smooth Peanut Butter

turkey meatballs

turkey or chicken deli meat

salmon!!

chicken

premier Protein premade

Jay Robb vanilla or strawberry w/ SF Torani Syrup

still on soft food phase so a bit more limited

When did you start Peanut Butter?

Beef Jerky is a big one for me. I can get 15g of Protein for 80 calories. I try to keep my portions low because of the sodium.

I also like cottage cheese.

One of my favorite high Protein meals is to make taco salad with super lean ground beef, 2% shredded cheddar, light sour cream, lettuce and Tomato. Just mix it up and eat it. High protein, low carb and it tastes like I'm having a treat.

@@Stephanie Salsera Perrott, I started smooth Peanut Butter one week post-op. It is on my list of soft foods.

@@*Lexie*, have you tried that with ground turkey? Sounds yummy, might have to try that. The family had spaghetti last night and I made meat sauce and turkey meat balls. I had /2 cup of just sauce and 2 small meatballs. Was yummo!!

yea my dr is def strict, i just looked and Peanut Butter isnt even on my stage 3 list lol

curses!

@@*Lexie*, have you tried that with ground turkey? Sounds yummy, might have to try that. The family had spaghetti last night and I made meat sauce and turkey meat balls. I had /2 cup of just sauce and 2 small meatballs. Was yummo!!

I was going to suggest turkey as well! I made turkey tacos last week and didn't notice a flavor change. They were delicious

@@ShrinkingPeach @@Weighting2BeFree Personally, I don't like ground turkey. I get super lean (96%) ground sirloin from an organic butcher and it's as lean as most ground turkey that I have checked. But, of course, you could try it with ground turkey if you like it.

From My Fitness Pal

Ground beef - 96% lean - 35 calories/6g Protein per ounce

ground turkey breast Jenny-O extra lean - 30 calories/7g Protein per ounce

I forgot about cottage cheese. I overdid it on cottage cheese in the soft foods phase, but I do love it, and am ready to go back to it.