Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys, so I am on day 2 of my Preop diet and it is not as bad as I expected. I am allowed to eat one meal a day, 2 shakes and 2 Snacks. This definitely doesn't seem as restrictive as some of the other Preop diets I have read about. It is still tough though. I live with my husband and my brother and they can eat whatever they want. My brother ate this big piece of apple pie right next to me last night. It looked really good, but thankfully I didn't even think twice about it. My surgery is right around the corner, so I think the reality is setting in and helping me to stay the course. I wanted this so badly, I can not mess it up now! Are there any other preop dieters experiencing this? Are you guys nervous, excited, doing well on your diet? Hope to hear from some folks. ????

On my pre op as well. Completely liquids for the next 7 days, was doing shakes and one small meal for the last 2 weeks. It's not easy. I focus on the benefits and why I'm doing this. Made some friends on here and it helps a lot to have a buddy or 2.

Good luck.????

On my pre op as well. Completely liquids for the next 7 days, was doing shakes and one small meal for the last 2 weeks. It's not easy. I focus on the benefits and why I'm doing this. Made some friends on here and it helps a lot to have a buddy or 2.

Good luck.????

No it's not easy, but I a pushing forward. So you have to do all liquids or are you choosing to do all liquids for the last week? I am a little confused because their Preop instructions do not say how many carbs to have per day, but I have been keeping it between 40-45 grams a day. So your operation must be really close? Good luck with everything. Keep me up to date, I would love to hear how successful you are.

I'm on the pre-op, but don't start only liquid for another 2 weeks- surgery is in June. I'm definitely nervous and hoping I'm doing the right thing.

My surgery is in 3 days. I was suppose to do a full liquid diet for 2 weeks. I have failed miserably. So I am going to work hard on the last 3 days and hope my doctor doesn't kick my out of the hospital. Please no hate comments, I already know I may be screwed.

I started my preop diet today for two weeks. Two shakes and Soup as a meal. Then last two days are Clear Liquids. I'm hating it so far!! Surgery is June 1st.

I know what you are going through it's a hard process I tried to do medifast all Protein Shakes plus my one lean and green meal and I was sucessful 2 days then i ended up gaining weight because after depriving myself certain foods i craved everything. I just pray I can be strong and committed when it comes to my all liquids diet I really dont want to fail i dont want food to win.

That's no good!!! You definitely have the right frame of mind, stick to those guns. We will make it through this. When is your surgery?

I haven't gotten a date because i have to do 6 month diet plan for ins. and I am scheduled for my first visit may 26th

I am a week and 3 days in on my pre op diet and im on 2 shakes a day with 4oz protien lean meat. Its not as bad as i would thought but temptation can be strong at times but u just look away, my biggest addiction was sweets cakes candys etc and now going cold turkey with non has been a process and still watching other people eat it bc they can have what they want is a little hurtful but i have the strongest willpower to push through! I got this! Sleeve n only couple days now and i couldent be happier with my decision! stay focussed you guys we got this!!! Stay strong!!!

My surgery is in 3 days. I was suppose to do a full liquid diet for 2 weeks. I have failed miserably. So I am going to work hard on the last 3 days and hope my doctor doesn't kick my out of the hospital. Please no hate comments, I already know I may be screwed.

I hope you do well over the next three days. I know it really stinks, but just try to do your best and think about how well you are going to do after the surgery. Don't give up now, you don't know that the doctor will kick your surgery back, so you have to act as if it is still scheduled for that day. Good luck, please let me know how you do.

I started my preop diet today for two weeks. Two shakes and Soup as a meal. Then last two days are clear liquids. I'm hating it so far!! Surgery is June 1st.

That's my date as well. Keep up the good work!

Same date. That's awesome keep me updated too.

On day 1 of all Protein Shakes only for 2 weeks... it's going to be an interesting 2 weeks!

Day 2 of my all liquid only preop diet, surgery on June 1st. Day 1 wasn't too bad but I did get nausea from shakes, I just got grossed out. I can only drink shakes, 1 cup of broath, and Jello. So enjoy each bit of your Protein for those of you who get 1 meal per day. Today was a little harder, like when I was making dinner. I'm staying strong but craved food. I also got a light headache earlier but no biggy. My only concern is I'm going with my daughter and her class to an amusement park tomorrow, so I hope it goes well tomorrow. Crossing my fingers!

I have my last meeting with my surgeon tomorrow before my actual surgery date and I am trying to put together a list of questions to ask him. Anything you guys this I should include? I have noticed I am getting more nervous as my date draws near. I only have 11 more days!

bodyweight.png?ts=1432180534