Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated and Pissed off!

I am 10 months out and have only loss 5 pounds in the last couple of months (60 total). I have loss quite a few inches though but only 5 pounds. I work out 5 days a week, twice a day two times a week. I eat my Protein Bars and shakes, drink a decent amount of Water every day so what the heck!!! I can tell the difference in my body over the last few months but the scale doesn’t show it. I am trying not to get frustrated and discouraged but it’s hard. I keep telling myself to keep pushing forward… that I feel great and look great but Ugh!

I feel your pain. I have only lost 2.2 pounds so far in the month of April, with just a few days to go. I've been working out 5-6 times a week. I am in Week 7 of my Couch to 5k training, now running 25 minutes non-stop! I just progessed to the next highest weights in my upper body strength training. And the scale won't budge! It's such a jerk!

On the bright side though, I take my measurements on the 24th of every month, so I did that last week and I was down inches from several areas from my March 24 measurements. Still, that scale is a jerk!

You need to track those inches lost. Muscle is much more compact than fat which is where the saying that muscle weighs more than fat comes from. While pound for pound yes it is equal, but because it is compact and based on your workout schedule you are adding muscle. The more lean muscle you have the more work your body will do to burn fat even while resting. The pounds will come. It is frustrating, I was right there with you about a year ago (pre-surgery). It is frustrating because we are all fixated on the numbers. But have faith in yourself, the scale will move and likely a big jump once it does.

Edited by ShellMilliner

In feel your pain too. I am ten months post op and haven't lost anything in over four weeks. Like you I get plenty of fluids, Protein, and limit carbs. I exercise five to six days a week.

This week I am trying to up my calories a little and change up

my exercise routines to try and shake things up.

I hope both of our stalls end soon.

We can do it!!

I undestand your pain...I had my surgery 4/8 I lost 13pds...I was losing my ##**## mind...BUT it is what it is!!!!..I rather lose than gain....

Continue what you're doing and try not to let what the scale is reporting discourage you. Lesson learned here from someone almost 13 months out at goal weight BUT if I was to do it all over again, I would have changed my strategy. I noticed early on post WLS that my weight loss would slow down every time I exercised, so I didn't exercise the majority of the time post surgery. I reached my goal in no time but I was left with a skinny fat body. I am now working out harder than ever and building muscle. This process is actually making me GAIN some weight which is kinda freaking me out, but my muscles are becoming lean ad strong. I'm losing inches despite the slight weight gain as I build muscle. In the long run having that muscle will help us both look better and let's face it, exercise will be vital in maintenance. Keep it up. You are on your way to an awesome, toned, healthy body!

Edited by Bluesea71

I undestand your pain...I had my surgery 4/8 I lost 13pds...I was losing my ##**## mind...BUT it is what it is!!!!..I rather lose than gain....

You've lost 13 pounds in 3.5 weeks and you're losing your mind? I don't understand.

Yes....I was on Jenny Craig and lost 10pds in 1 week...I lost 30pds in 3 months..right now I'm not in the same state of mind and financially...My hubby had the gastric sleeve he lost 82pds in 4 months????

Yes....I was on Jenny Craig and lost 10pds in 1 week...I lost 30pds in 3 months..right now I'm not in the same state of mind and financially...My hubby had the gastric sleeve he lost 82pds in 4 months????

Everyone has a big drop the first week on just about any diet because of the Water weight. You probably lost that in your pre-op diet.

This is not a diet.

This is not a diet.

AMEN! I see sooooo many people on these forums every day complaining about their "slow" loss. Hell, I've been one of those people! But this race to the finish line is a remnant of our old diet mentality. In the past, when we have tried to lose weight, we have wanted to lose it fast, because we wanted to be "done" with our diet. We'll never be done with WLS. We have permanently altered our digestive systems in such a way that we can never fully return to our old habits. And we have to work every single day to get in our Protein and Water and exercise. That will never stop. When we get to goal, we still need Protein and Water and exercise. So what is the rush? Why does it matter if it takes 6 months or 16 months?

I know it can be frustrating. I've lost weight faster "on my own" in the past too. I've been in a stall for over a month now and it's can be pretty trying at times to stay motivated to keep on track with my food and exercise. But the great thing now is I'm not gaining. In the past, had I reached this point on my old diets, I'd be regaining like crazy. At least this is just a stall.

From what my Nut stated to me is that we are not taking in enough calories to burn what we are exercising and in order to lose weight we need to eat a little more calories.

for example: If we are only eating 1000 calories and we burn 500 by working out hard our bodies are going to go into starvation mode and it will not allow us to lose weight, so we need to up our calories by about 200 this way our bodies will be satisfied and will we will start losing. I was at a stall for 3 weeks and now I took what she said and I have lost 5lbs in a week.

Good Luck everyone.