Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I have been at the same weight for the past 3 weeks. I am nowhere near my surgeons calculated weight loss estimate, nor my own goal.

I know that "stalls" are common and can happen frequently before goal is reached. I understand and I accept that fact.

HOWEVER, in the back of my "illogical" mind, I think I am panicking. :o Mind you, I am only 6 weeks out from surgery!

Are you like me? Do you wonder when you get in a stall that lasts 3 weeks or more, "Is this it?" "Is this all I am going to lose?"

you just gotta go with it. Stalls are gonna happen all the time. The time is gonna pass anyway and believe it or not the inches do still come off. It's weird and it makes no sense but you have to do the one thing that you haven't done before and that is stay on track and don't give up. As long as you take it one day at a time, it will happen. Thankfully though, we have the sleeve now to help us along the way. You got this.

I am just over 5 weeks out from surgery. I went to the surgeon for my 2 week post op visit and have not lost a single pound since then. I am freaking out. I can tell I am shrinking somewhat but how is it possible for me to maintain my weight on what I am taking in now. I go back to the surgeon next week and am really worried he is going to think I am eating things I am not supposed to be.

I'm with all of you as well!!!! I will be 14 weeks post op tomorrow....I have gained and lost the same 3 pounds for about 6 weeks now!!! I am exercising and truly limit my calories to about 900/daily. Having an endoscopy next week to check out scar tissue & it has been confirmed that my sleeve is larger than a typical sleeve. I will cross that bridge when I come to it but I truly have not felt any restriction and could eat a piece of pizza 8 weeks out with no problems!! What has your doctors said when they see the scale is staying the same? Mine says "don't loose focus, stay on track, it will happen" I hear his voice every other day when I get on the scale and it's not moving!!! Let me know what your next steps are????

Peacheeie, I go back to my surgeon next week. He told me at my 2 week postop that I was doing great, but uh....I haven't lost even an ounce since then.

What happens if your sleeve is larger than a normal one?

I'm with all of you as well!!!! I will be 14 weeks post op tomorrow....I have gained and lost the same 3 pounds for about 6 weeks now!!! I am exercising and truly limit my calories to about 900/daily. Having an endoscopy next week to check out scar tissue & it has been confirmed that my sleeve is larger than a typical sleeve. I will cross that bridge when I come to it but I truly have not felt any restriction and could eat a piece of pizza 8 weeks out with no problems!! What has your doctors said when they see the scale is staying the same? Mine says "don't loose focus, stay on track, it will happen" I hear his voice every other day when I get on the scale and it's not moving!!! Let me know what your next steps are

Peacheeie, I go back to my surgeon next week. He told me at my 2 week postop that I was doing great, but uh....I haven't lost even an ounce since then.

What happens if your sleeve is larger than a normal one?

I'm with all of you as well!!!! I will be 14 weeks post op tomorrow....I have gained and lost the same 3 pounds for about 6 weeks now!!! I am exercising and truly limit my calories to about 900/daily. Having an endoscopy next week to check out scar tissue & it has been confirmed that my sleeve is larger than a typical sleeve. I will cross that bridge when I come to it but I truly have not felt any restriction and could eat a piece of pizza 8 weeks out with no problems!! What has your doctors said when they see the scale is staying the same? Mine says "don't loose focus, stay on track, it will happen" I hear his voice every other day when I get on the scale and it's not moving!!! Let me know what your next steps are

well....unfortunately, it may mean another surgery (not happy)!!! I went for a second opinion because I thought something was not right...I know it's completely different than the band and I get that...I just had reasons other than restriction to be honest with you. New doctor said my leak test looked good but I definitely have a larger stomach than normal. He ordered an endoscopy because it could be due to scar tissue from the band and maybe 1st doc couldn't get in there completely to remove it. I do not want to have a bypass so until my endoscopy next week, I'm following my plan, exercising and eating good. From what I understand, having a stall does happen and there are some wonderful and positive stories on this site so don't get discouraged...we must keep our heads up and fight this battle!!!! PM me if you would like:)

peacheeie - Ohhh...good luck! I am hoping for NOT another surgery for you!

I am 4 weeks post-op and seem to be in a stall as well. Although my clothes are getting pretty loose on me, the scale is not moving much. I guess the only thing I can do is continue what I am doing. Hopefully, the stall will end and I will start seeing the scale move down.

Ive been feeling the same way, I'm almost 7 weeks post op and haven't lost anything for about 2 weeks. It's so frustrating. I keep my calories at 800-900 everyday, get my Protein in everyday. I'm feeling pretty discouraged at this point. Reading all your posts comforts me knowing I'm not alone.

What can I do to get out of this stall? Any suggestions veteran sleevers?

Oh thank God for this site and the wonderful people on it. I am 7 weeks out and since March 31st have fluctuated up and down the same amount. My surgeon told me to stay off the scale at my last visit. I have my two month appt in the morning. I DEFINITELY have lost quite a bit of inches, finally did my measurements! I took a picture yesterday in the same bathing suit I used for pics from the night before surgery. There is a huge difference that even I can see with 17 (post surgery) pounds gone forever.

It's terrible that I base my success on the scale. It took 30+ years to get to this point, I know I need to be patient and give myself the time to reverse. I'm trying...a work in progress !

Edited by FinallyFit50s

I posted a thread showing my weight loss over a year. Stalls are very common.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/335141-one-year-of-weight-loss-graphed/

THANK YOU AlwaysVegas!!! That shows not only that stalls are normal, but how long (and potentially disappointing) they can be!

Nope, you've gotta just roll with it. I hate to hear this but it's true, we didn't put it on overnight, we aren't going to lose it overnight. Eat and drink what you're supposed to, exercise to your ability. Maybe challenge yourself a little with the exercise.

I will be 4 weeks Thursday and am at a stall as well. I was thinking it was because of my monthly "friend" but now reading the posts I guess it's just a stall. I know it will pass and am looking forward to the scale moving once again. Good luck to all!