Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting married?

I'm getting married next year June 18 2016 and I was wondering if anyone else that has had surgery is getting married soon or planning a wedding for the near future. My sleeve surgery is May 14 and I would really like to have some buddies going through the weight loss process with me while also trying to plan a wedding :)

I had Gastric bypass 3/25 and am getting married 8/1/15. Having surgery 4 months before getting married kinda freaked me out because I already bought my dress, but my fiance said we can get a new one :-)

I'm getting married next year June 18 2016 and I was wondering if anyone else that has had surgery is getting married soon or planning a wedding for the near future. My sleeve surgery is May 14 and I would really like to have some buddies going through the weight loss process with me while also trying to plan a wedding :)

I'm getting married November 11, 2016! I just got the approval from my insurance last night, so I am waiting to hear back from my surgeon's office with a date for my Bypass (hopefully May or June). SO EXCITED! When are you going to start dress shopping??

@@kaseyw0od Im so excited for you! I'm really pumped to be able to start this journey a year before my wedding so I can hopefully be closer to goal weight for the wedding and honeymoon! I plan on going wedding dress shopping in January 2016 and I might even buy a used wedding dress so I dont have to worry about the shipping time! @@skc72 thats so awesome that you made that decision! And your fiancée is right, you can always get a new dress :)

@dlmadeja27 thank you and congrats to you too!! I am nervous about wedding dress shopping because I feel like my body is going to be constantly changing and I'm gonna have to spend a ton on alterations! But nothing will be better than walking down the aisle as a HEALTHY person! :)

Congrats to all of you :) I'm getting married on 9/26/15. My surgery was 8/22/14. I already bought my dress, 1 size smaller than what I tried in, cause it takes 16 weeks to come in. I'm thinking for sure by then I'll be smaller and won't have to take much in in alterations (here's hoping!). Happy planning to you!

I completely agree with you! All I can think of is maybe I can try and get as close to goal as possible before buying my wedding dress. That way I wont have to have too many alterations. The one thing I'm very grateful for is my mom can do all my alterations because she is a seamstress! But I cant help imagining and dreaming about where I will be in January when I finally do go wedding dress shopping! *dreamy sigh* i have a feeling though you will be close to goal when you go dress shopping though since your wedding is in Nov. How much are you hoping to lose before your wedding? I'm crossing my fingers and hoping on 125 lbs :)

LeeBee17 thats awesome! What size did you end up buying your dress and how soon did you go wedding dress shopping?

@@LeeBee17 Thanks and congrats to you girlfriend! Make sure to post lots of pics :)

@@dlmadeja27 Haha LUCKY, I wish my mom could do my alterations! I would love to lose 100-150 lbs before the wedding! If I have my surgery in either May or June, I should have enough time to get my butt in shape! You will def lose the weight!! And your surgery date is on my brother's birthday so it'll be good luck!

Oh I like the idea of it being lucky!! Lol. Im crossing my fingers for you to get a good surgery date! We can be surgery and wedding buddies :)

LeeBee17 thats awesome! What size did you end up buying your dress and how soon did you go wedding dress shopping?

I went in January, so about 5 months after surgery. I've lost 12 lbs since then. I bought a dress in size 12, which in street clothes is a size 10. I am currently wearing size 10 street clothes, so I hope it will fit! I think it will, except around the bust area, might have to get it taken OUT!

The pesky thing about wedding dresses, is they run small...the always tell you to select a size up from what you wear in normal clothes.

Here is a picture of the one I selected (I'm not sure how to attach images? hope I did it right):

@@dlmadeja27 YAYYYY! I'm so new at all this so I'm glad I have a friend :)

@@LeeBee17 your dress is GORGEOUS! I love the design and know you'll look stunning in it!

Did/do you girls know what kind of dress you wanted before the weight loss and now that you lost the weight, do you like something different? For example, I HATE my arms! I have that gross, flabby, bat-wing thing going on so I don't want strapless. But I feel if I lose weight, I'll change my mind (or not if my loose skin is bad). I'm sure I'll have to see once I lose the weight and try on dresses...

@@LeeBee17 your dress is gorgeous!! You are definitely going to have to post some pics of you in it!

@@kaseyw0od I'm excited to have a friend too! It will be nice to have a weight loss/surgery/wedding buddy :D As for my dress I used to want something lacey with a bit of bling that hits right at my natural waist and floats out.. But I feel like I might get something a little more form fitting now that I will be getting the surgery! Not a mermaid but maybe a fit and flare??

Congrats!! I'm getting married on April 19 and I'm waiting on my date!

April 19 of this year or next year? If this yeat congrats on almost being married!!