Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Is Restriction.

So I'm up to 8cc in my 10cc band.

And I think I just may have finally gotten some restriction.

I was eating out the other night with friends at some mexican food joint. After having a handful of chips and salsa, I ordered a beef burrito- ala carte (no rice or Beans or anything else). It was a small one, not one of these jumbo three-and-half-hand monstrosities that are so common these days. I'd say it was 6 inches long, about 1 cup of filling inside plus the tortilla.

I am used to eating about a normal-sized meal since getting banded (no restriction, but my hunger just isn't there and I get satiated now, thank god). Prior to this latest fill, I could easily eat MOST of a 1/4 pound burger, a small handful of fries and maybe a bite of somebody else's dessert.

((( Now, I'm giving this as an EXAMPLE OF QUANTITY, not an example of what I normally eat, mind you. :) )))

So anyway, I was fully planning on finishing this small burrito and got halfway through with it when I suddenly started getting a strange new message:

DUDE. THIS IS RESTRICTION. STOP EATING NOW OR I WILL MAKE YOU REGRET IT. FONDEST REGARDS, YOUR STOMACH.

So, with a last mournful glance at my half-eaten meal, I pushed it away.

Three meals later, the only thing I seem to be able to really pack away is sushi. I ate an entire salmon and avocado roll without an issue, but I did drink with that meal (wasabe is HOT, people, very very hot! LOL.)

So I guess I'm also getting the dummy's education about drinking with the band and how it affects your portions.

I'm down about 65 pounds now in 2.5 months, but it has been slowing wayyyy down.

I need to exercise, too, dammit.

This band is the best thing ever. Now to conquer my own stupidity. :)

It took me almost 8.5cc in my 10cc band before I felt any restriction.. now, OMG, I can't eat much at all.. I am finally at the point where I eat only 3/4 cup of food at a time. I was banded almost a year ago and had to have SO many fills.. Finally I am done. The weight definately has slowed down.. I have lost a total of 74 lbs in a year. Have about 68 more to go but I just keep trucking along.

You will definately get used to the restriction.. it has taken me a year! But I am sure I am the exception. And for the drinking while eating thing, that is SO hard to quit!!!

good luck and congrats on the restriction! finally!

~donnamarie~

Cascadian, I love your sense of humor! My stomach sends me messages like that, too. However, sometimes I do ignore them, and I am definately sorry. I got some food stuck(steak, I think) a couple weeks ago, and am still paying for it. My esophegus got very inflamed, and like a dummy, I didn't go to liquids for a couple days, like I should have. So, now, for the last two weeks, everything I eat gives me heartburn. But, I feel like I can eat way more than I should be, so I am going in for a fill tomorrow. I am just worried that it will make this burning feeling in my chest worse. But I ate a ginormous bucket of popcorn last night, which tells me I need a fill. GO figure!

I get those messages too, and it makes me think of Jacks saying the silicone fist from hell or whatever, I don't drink with meals I learned the hard way, especially cold stuff,--not -gonna -happen!!. I mean as soon as it goes down it is like my stomach says "Hell No It Wont GO", real fun if you happen to be driving , which I was,another lesson learned no eating and driving, I'm blonde too much to try to do at one time,lol. My restriction is really at a good place right now, 3.2 in a 4cc hope it stays!

Oh yeah Cascadian, 65 pounds in 2.5 months !! damn I am jealous, way to go! I slowed down alot too, but slowly starting to lose again. Got another 24 pounds to lose but they are the hardest 24 pounds to get off!! I need to get off my fat butt and exercise too! Have a good one!

Hey Jaqui, who was your surgeon? My original surgeon was Dr. Olsen at Centennial in Nashville. I had to switch because of insurance issues, though.

It took me 8.5 ccs in my 10 cc band before I had what I was comfortable as proper restriction. BUT that last fill was on 21 March and now I am eating like a (bandsters) horse (ie twice of what I'd like to be eating haha). I'm off to get another fill in the next few weeks. I beleive that as you lose more weight (I've lost about 18ish pounds since that last fill) your band gets looser. I'm just wondering how much looser my band can get when there's 8.5 already in there!!

Cascadian - enjoy the restrcition!! Its a great feeling being able to say "no" to food!!! :clap2: I don't know about you but it sure was a new feeling for me!

DUDE. THIS IS RESTRICTION. STOP EATING NOW OR I WILL MAKE YOU REGRET IT. FONDEST REGARDS, YOUR STOMACH.

:pound:

Isn't life grand.

Good for you Cascadian!

Happy losing.

I'm glad my pain can bring some joy into your lives, people! LOL.

Had a similar experience today: My Starbucks cinnamon roll for Breakfast (I know, I know, poor choices!) was going fine:

I had one bite... Two bites... Thre- DUDE. DIDN'T WE JUST TALK ABOUT THIS? REMEMBER THE BURRITO? KAY THANX BAI, YOUR STOMACH.

The rest of that Breakfast fiasco is sitting on the kitchen counter in a ziploc awaiting my hungry and unbanded roommate...

Gotta love restriction.

WASA- steal away, I'm not getting royalties for it or anything.

See, You are still cracking me up! I had a fill yesterday, and I think it has gotten me to where I need to be. But for God's Sake, until that point, I could have eaten a horse! Restriction--proper restriction, is a wonderful thing!

<p>Ohhhhhh can I relate. I attempted some mashed potatoes (knowing that it could be a potential bomb) whenI first got to softer foods. WHOA! Ate about a small ice cream scoop's worth. My stomach said "Let the beatings begin!" and I was promptly in agony for about three hours, as I clutched my chest and staggered to my food journal with my orange hilighter to circle my mashed potato entry and scribble weakly beside it... NOT NO BUT HELL NO! Ohhhhhhhhhh, can I relate!!!!!!</p>

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

1.5cc in a 4cc band........still waiting for GOOD restriction....thanks for this thread.. funny stuff!

Just be patient and wait on that restriction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please.

I was like you and could not wait to fill some restriction. Now i have about 5cc in my 10cc band and I can't eat anything without feeling like I may be sick. I eat really small portions, and sometimes I have trouble eating low-fat yogurt. It is helping because since I got filled last month I have lost over 8 pounds. So be careful what you wish for. I sometimes wish I could eat just a little more, but I guess thats the greedy girl in me.