Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Taking Back the Sleeve!

Ok- I have mentioned in some posts about bad behaviors that crept back in which prevented me from reaching goal, and added a little more to my struggles. A few people indicated they were in a similar spot, and would love to have an accountability partner. So here goes:

After the surgery, it was too easy to lose weight. i was never hungry, and so I ate what I could whenever. I started eating later. I began to tolerate carbs, and they slowly drifted back into my diet. I started sipping at meals, with a straw. I renewed my love affair with Dr. Pepper. The weight fell off easily. Until it stopped. Now it's time for a serious changes as I noticed, I put on a few pounds this past winter.

I officially state that I AM TAKING BACK MY SLEEVE!

I am starting fresh as it were. I am doing Protein Shakes. I am taking Vitamins. I am counting calories. I am eating as "clean" as possible. I am drinking Water. I am getting in more physical activity. Basically, I am now doing everything I should have been doing all along, but sadly admit I never did.

Three weeks into it and I am down 9 pounds and lost over 15 inches. I feel great and hope to keep doing better as I embrace the lifestyle changes I should have made two years ago.

Who's with me???

Awesome! Sounds like you are right back on track. Maybe I should be more grateful that I'm having to fight for every pounds as I am losing, because I can't get away with some of the "bad behaviors" you were able to early on.

You are proof though that if we do go off track, we can find our way back and still make good progress. Hope you can continue to stay focused and finally reach your goal!

Did I write the above post???? It sounds like me except for the part about "it's been 3 weeks and I have lost 9 lbs....!" I need to jump back into this...I am only 5 lbs above my goal weight but that's how it starts...need to nip it in the bud NOW!!! So what to do.....for me I will commit to no more wine for a month starting day after tomorrow (I am being realistic as we are being taken out to a very nice dinner tomorrow night). Wine and chocolate are my downfalls....other that that, I eat healthy and exercise a lot. So that is my commitment. Thanks for the kick in the butt!

This is exactly why I weigh every day and track intake. If I see a trend over a weeks time I make adjustments. AT least 1th a month I go back on the pre sugery diet for 5 days and it level sets me. Also make sure to get 10K steps a day in. It takes a bit of time to notice but it really helps.

@@jusstice

being aware of your problems is 1/2 way to victory, success :)

nothing you (or anyone) can do about the past :(

its done and over with

being honest, taking responsibility for your bad choices :)

this can/is hard to do

but you did it!!!!

you have mmmmany new, great days/weeks/years ahead of you :rolleyes:

you are working on your future

continue to follow all the rules in the WLS "bible"

you know what to do

you did it before

you have a great attitude and determination in your voice :)

hold on to that

it is helpful (couldn't hurt ;) )

you gained a bit of weight :huh:

but you lost 109 lbs :rolleyes:

don't cry over spilled Protein shakes :lol:

(couldn't resist)

starting over again.......

9 lbs down!!! ;)

15 inches!!

party dance party dance

keep up the great job for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life :)

good luck

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

Par1959 what is the pre-surgery diet you go on? I never did one!

I am! I have noticed that I am up a few lbs and need to loose it! I will take back my sleeve too! No drinking for a month more Protein less weight watchers ice cream! Starting tomorrow afternoon because I am going out in the morning after work because it's my mom's bday. Only cheese omelette for breakfast! Protein is my middle name!!

WTG taking charge, you can do it. Like others have mentioned, i have fought for every pound lost. I am in no way a fast loser. But also I never did the 600-800 calories a day thing. i've pretty much done 1000-1200 calories for about a year and a half now. But in that year and a half i am down 106 lbs. So it's ok. Just go back to the basics and start over, you still have the sleeve so nothing is stopping you from getting there! Congrats on recommitting

I'm fighting regain. I will be 6 years out at the end of the month and I can eat so much more than I could before. If I were just to eat steak, I would suppose I would not be able to eat as much as I thought.

It's all the stuff that sneaks it's way in there from being around friends that can eat and not gain weight. I'm glad that the sleeve helps with portions but it sure doesn't stop snacking or grazing. It takes a lot of willpower now. I want those days back when just thinking about having to eat made me gag cause I always felt so full all the time.

I need this. Finding head hunger is at times out of control and I really want the last 10 lbs to come off.

I admit to rarely hitting my Fluid goals but then my program always just says minimum of 48 oz per day. I hit that usually but can not seem to get more than around 50 or 55 oz. Sleeve still doesn't tolerate fluids too well.

So it's just shake, Water til 1st Fluid goal, yogurt, more Water til 2nd fluid goal, Protein and then Protein?

I'm down.

I'm am also fighting the old bad habits. But on the positive I have so much more energy now that I have actually started running! It's bizarre but I just felt like a ping up my workouts. I was on a cruise last week and just decided to go for a run on the ship deck! Still need to decrease the cocktails and say no to chips but it's no impossible, I hope!

I'm right there with you. The struggle is real.....but I will conquer.

Just thought I drop in. Nice to see I am not alone on this journey! So far, I have lost another three pounds, so a total of 12 down. Feeling great with loads of energy, so hopefully I will be able to maintain the momentum.

Have stuck with the primarily high Protein diet ( Meal Replacements shakes and one real meal). Have not had a soda in over a month, which is bad for Dr. Pepper but good for me!

@@jusstice So glad you updated us and glad to hear you are sticking to the plan. Ultimately you should try getting your Protein from "real food" instead of supplementing with shakes, but I know how hard that can be. I still rely on Protein Bars and shakes more than I should, but that's mostly because my nutritionist wants me at 100 grams per day and that is just almost impossible for me to achieve through real food alone.

Keep up your great work! Especially kicking the Dr. Pepper habit!