Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone experience sharp pain rhs of back in the middle? Symptoms I read about gallstones say pain is usually in abdomen. I have sharp pain in the middle right side of my back. Feels just like a kidney stone (severe sharp pain)

Edited by tangotony72

Gall bladder symptoms can present themselves in a number of ways, including sharp back pain (that's where my pain was at). If you are concerned, check with your Dr. as soon as you can. My gall bladder symptoms lasted over 10 (yes TEN) YEARS before they figured it out! Talk about a pain in the - - - ( I mean BACK!)!!!!!

Yep call your DR and get checked out.

yes see the doctor. I have surgery Monday 23rd and have battled my gall bladder for two years now and finally they are removing it with my RNY Monday. Yes I too have that sharp back pain and many other weird symptoms from mine, specially since moving on this pre op diet it has been active. But Monday is around the corner for me, you call the doctor for sure

My gallbladder pain felt like someone grinding a bowie knife around under my right shoulder blade. Gallbladder contractions are aggravated by fatty, creamy, cheesy, spicey foods. Go bland until you can get to the doctor to get it checked out.

I had right sided pain in my side and it made my port stick out more from swelling. a ultra sound found my problem. I didn't have any kidney stones but I had a very enlarged duct and gallbladder showing that I had been dealing with stones for a long time. as my doctor called it, a very sick gallbladder. so don't let them say nothing wrong, because for a couple of years I had the ultrasounds and when no stones were found they said gallbladder okay when it wasn't .

I had three "normal" gallbladder ultrasounds before they finally decided to remove it. It was not normal. Was white and full of stones! Trust your body, not test results.

so how did they go ahead and remove it? Were you really sick and in pain?

Ask for a gallbladder ultrasound

I had my consult today and he also reassured me that Monday with my RNY that he will remove the gall bladder, xray and clean the bile ducts and biopsy everything to make sure. I too the ultrasound showed years of torture I have been going thru with it and that it is very angry right now. So I can not wait for Monday for sure now and get this whole thing done removed and all tested just in case.