Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been sliding off track. My goals for this month are:

* Stay on program all month

* Track daily with MFP

* Lose 10 lbs

* Daily exercise (at least a little, in some form, even if just a walk)

Do you have goals for this month? What are they?

My March goals are:

1. by the end of March I wish to be 225. Right now I am 233, so I believe this is reasonable.

2. Try more new foods, especially cauliflower

3. Eat more fish. I have tried cod, haddock and love both.

I make my goals reachable, it keeps me on track.

You will be great with your goals.............Just remember the outcome will be amazing.

@@Tauruslady5 I applaud you and anyone else who wonders about an issue and takes it upon him or herself to go out and independently search for an answer. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and many of the greatest inventions and findings in this world began because someone had a question & wanted an answer. This type of independent research is applauded in academic circles as long as it's done ethically. And as far as I read no humans or animals were hurt during your research, so it's all good.

So again, bravo!

Regarding the cancer and artificial sweetener link...initially researchers found saccharin caused bladder cancer in rats. Which is why there was & maybe still is a warning label on those pink packets...the brand name was SweetNLow. As it stands currently medical research has found no CLEAR link between artificial sweeteners and cancer. "No clear link"...that verbiage is concerning on a number of levels. The research is still ongoing. There is no definite answer to what artificial sweeteners will do to the human body 20-40 years down the road. While the FDA regulates the sweetener industry and deems them safe for human consumption, while initially sounding reassuring....questions remain. How much artificial sweetener is okay? How often can it be consumed? What about 20+ years of consumption! what then? Does the FDA make mistakes? There are still too many variables...hence the reason this subject is still being researched.

Regarding artificial sweeteners and diabetes. My son is Type1 and was diagnosed at the age of 10. He is now 14, so we've had 4 years of diabetic education from the medical community including well known researchers as one of the major diabetic companies resides in our city. The human body does not distinguish between real sugar, honey, and artificial sweeteners, It all produces the same insulin/pancreatic reaction. Insulin rises. If a person chooses to have artifial sweeteners daily for 90 days..,that persons A1C will reflect that vs, an A1C of a person who didn't. This is common knowledge...not sure where the confusion was about this.

Regarding the comments regarding irresponsibility, and the general outrage because someone took the time to express their own research, the research the medical community is still engaged in, and for expressing their own beliefs...I challenge each of you to conduct your own basic research on the topic. This librarian shakes at the idea of suggesting "Google" as the search engine...but in this case, I think it will do.

Thank you very much for your support and those who agree with me. It is sad that one person can actually just make a simple topic bad.

My march goal is the loss of 20 pounds, exercise 5/7 days, take 100% of all Vitamins 7/7 days every week.