Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Bar's and powder

Looking to see what Protein bars everyone eats and what powder is being used?

My NUT was using Celebrate so I brought a tub of Protein and a box of the Celebrate bars. I like the powder (cinnabun) the bars not so much (Carmel crunch), for my drink I mix 4 oz of skim milk and 4 oz of Water.

I just went today and brought Quest bars which have 4g more of fat, 6g more of protein, 3g more carbs sugar is 4g less.

Any opinion on Quest bars? Or any others that are on the market

I like the Quest bars, and the Protein vs carbs seem to be better than most. They come in a ton of flavors, so I don't get sick of them too quickly. You can get them a bit cheaper on Amazon.< /p>

Quest bars! Quest bars! Yay! I love them! I just order two boxes from vitacost (chocolate chip cookie dough and cookie n cream) my favorites! They come 12 in a box. I also ordered the Syntrax Peanut Butter cookie Protein Powder off a recommendation from another B-pal. Since I haven't tried it yet I Can't give you my opinion but she says its like drinking melted peanut butter ice cream! I got both boxes of quest bars and the powder for 67 bucks! Free shipping and 10 dollars off because My total before the 10 off would have been 75! I LOVE that company. They have the best deals, and I get all my Vitamins from there. Anywho...That's probably more than you wanted to know but I just thought I'd share!@@phillyfan99

@@Elode that is great info, I just brought Cookies and cream. Was going to do the cookie dough ones also

@@phillyfan99 I drink the ready made Premier Protein drinks (chocolate) you can buy them at Walmart but I get the 12 packs at SAMs. I've been drinking them since pre-op.They have 30 grams of Protein per shake and 1g sugar.

Edited by Elode

You're welcome!

I also drink the ready made Premier Protein shakes. They are about as good as it gets, which isn't really saying much! :P

I have tried several different powders. None of them are great, but I'm not using it for the flavor, (I have to keep telling myself that!) I just buy unflavored/unsweetened powder and blend it with almond milk, keifer (liquid yogurt), Torani sugar free vanilla Syrup, PB2 (Peanut Butter powder) and ice. It actually makes a really good Protein shake. It doesn't really matter which powder you use for something like this because everything else covers the taste. It's is also a little labor intensive, which is why I also keep the Premier shakes around.

The Quest Protein Bars in chocolate chip cookie dough are my absolute FAVORITE flavor! I have tried 9 or 10 different flavors of their bars and I find most of them dry and grainy. The chocolate chip cookie dough isn't and really reminds me of the real thing. It still tastes like a Protein Bar, but by far the best Protein bar I have tried yet.

I had my first Quest bar after this I made this post, it was Cookies and cream and it was the best so far.

@@phillyfan99 Now you just need to get the cookie dough and your life will be complete! ;)

Looking to see what Protein bars everyone eats and what powder is being used?

My NUT was using Celebrate so I brought a tub of Protein and a box of the Celebrate bars. I like the powder (cinnabun) the bars not so much (Carmel crunch), for my drink I mix 4 oz of skim milk and 4 oz of Water.

I just went today and brought Quest bars which have 4g more of fat, 6g more of protein, 3g more carbs sugar is 4g less.

Any opinion on Quest bars? Or any others that are on the market

I'm with Elode and LOVE the quest bars and Syntrax Matrix shakes (PB cookie, mint cookie, choc, vanilla, even strawberry). Also like Syntha-6 esp the Mochaccino