Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Caution - highly addictive

Be aware anyone new to this site, less the same fate befall you.. This site is highly addictive. No known cure exists as of yet. I post this as a service to save you!!! At first, I was thinking it could be controlled, but it has gained a strong foothold and it may be to late for me. Please think of me the next time you go to log on...A man obesssed and tormented with people I've never met or even talked too. Names like De Larla, Penni, Lisa, Vera, Leatha, Whipple Daddy, Meagan, and some good looking woman from Wisconson whose name escapes me. You will find yourself, looking at pictures and reading long stories about Las Vegas gossip. If you have not posted more than 3 times there still may be hope for you. As for me I've got it bad!!!

LOL! I know just what you mean! I stumbled in here a couple of months ago, and feel like I'm in withdrawal when I have busy days that keep me from getting in here to catch up on the verse of those I've never met... prebanding I spent hours reading posts from long ago, and all the new stuff, now I only have the new stuff, I'm worried, will it be enough?

LOL..LOL..LOL..

You got me cracking up here..I can relate! I too am addicted to this site

P.S. Where's your picture Tall Guy??

I've tried to load a picture, but I must be doing something wrong..It shows my picture under profile picture. If some one could help me I would appreciate it..Maybe, I should take a new one since I lost about 20 since being banded and my face is thinner. (well actually all over is thinner)

Too funny. It's definately addicting though. It's nice to have people who know enough to help you, or to be someone who knows enough to help someone else. And I love finding new topics and questions that haven't been covered before.

hehe :)

And I thought I was the only one! Maybe we can use AA as a model. The first step is admitting that we have a problem. . . :)

Seriously, I'm amazed that I write things to strangers that I have never told the people closest to me. But then you have been going through the same stuff that I have. And I have read extremely personal and moving things on this board that make me feel a true connection to people who are just avatars (if that!) to me.

Anyone else getting addicted to LapBandTalk while staring at the computer while at work?

OH NO!! You mean this is an addiction! Damn just when I thought it was safe to come out of my shell. OH WELL!! C'est la Vie!

PAR TAY!! :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny

PS: The Avatar dilemma is ongoing. Some people have the capabilities to post and some do not. I have sent an email to Alex, owner, and told him about this. No response as yet.

Wow I'm glad someone finally brought it up... I think I may need to go to my dr. for some intensive therapy..i have become quite addicted as well! Hey, I share with you guys more than my family...they have to ask me how my band is doing, I just give them the site address and tell them they can find out what they need to about me from here! Just kidding of course....i think :):)

Katie :D

IF... you come home from the store... run up to the computer... and check for NEW POSTS... IF... you are doing the horizontal boogie and find yourself thinking... hmmm... I wonder if Lisa's port site will ever heal?... IF... you feel hesitant to take your vacation due to the inability to post on LBT... OR... if you take your laptop with you and post anyway (Penni :)) ... IF... you are thinking of taking out a second mortgage just to be able to afford to attend the next LBT get-together bash... IF... you find yourself worrying about other LBT members just as if they were your family... IF... you find that there is no substitute for the intelligent, loving and insightful words from the members here... then you are definitely and addict just like me!

P.S. I am going to pretent I am the good looking one from Wisconsin as long as nobody else claims the tiltle! :)

My husband teases me about missing the boards when we are out of town. I'll have to try Penni's "take along" method. :) I hate it when you guys go "do things" over the weekend. I get very lonely. :)

Hi Leatha, my name is Lisa and I am a LBTaholic professed shopahloic and confessed talkaholic! But the thing I'm most proud of is a recovering overeater! I've been on the wagon now for almost three months and things are definately looking up :laugh

Yes, nightingale2u you are the good looking one from Wisconsin. I just could not remember your name, also the picture of Lisa Green (all dolled up)..That's just not right..

NEW ADDICT HERE TOOO and my surgery is not till next week the 26th

talk to you all soon-- FYI for Michigan people support group this wed at Dr Halawasili's office 10 mile and little mack in St. Clair Shores--i believe at 6 --just an FYI!