Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plateau's Anyone???????

I have lost 17pounds but have been on a plateau for over a week. Has anyone had this problem? and how do you fix this? Please help me.

It seems to be the norm :) I have heard countless people (me included) have this happen. Tis just the way of things!

I've heard recommendations for it.. varying your daily caloric intake.. 1200 one day, 1500 the next, 900 the next.. keep your body guessing!

I've also heard people recommend exercising more.

Good luck!

Thank you I feel a little better now. I will try to alter my calories and exercise a little more.

Not to scare you or anything, but I plateau for months on end, and then all of the sudden, I'll drop 5, 10, 15 pounds within a week or 2, and then plateau again... I've recognized it as my pattern so it's not as frustrating now as it was in the beginning, lol.

Yep. Only by buckling back down and eating fewer than 800 calories and stepping up the exercise do I get the scales moving again.

But I didn't get the band to stay on a "diet" so I'm not worried about it...

Thank you Marimaru for your insight. I thought I was loosing my mind and wondering if the lap band was actually going to work for me considering everything else has failed. I was starting to get a little emotional and depressed about it. Did you feel this way also?

I am just coming off of about a five week plateau, man, it is truly frustrating! I had just been eating 3 meals a day. I did some research and it said to help keep the metabolism going, try eating six small meals a day. So, I started that a week ago Monday and low and behold, when I got on the scale Sunday I finally broke the plateau and had lost 3.4 pounds!

Plateau's are just a part of the journey....don't let it get your down! Even when the scale is not going down the inches are.....dig out a pair of pants that are a little snug (we've all got them, don't we) and try them on as your guideline for losing inches.....it's very encouraging to see the pants start to loosen up even when the scale is being stubborn.

I'm in the middle of a plateau right now. I'm trying like crazy to not get frusterated. I know that as long as I can maintain through it, I'll be fine.

Plateau here as well, about two months worth. Up down, up down. I'm going in for a fill next week. But I'm not discouraged...I've always had plateaus on any kind of weigh loss program and know that it is indeed part of the process. I anticipate a drop in weight. I've also stepped up the exercise. I'm thinking about the 5-6 small meals....that might shake things up about. And you are right about the NSV...I keep losing fractions of inches inspite of what the scale says. Patience!

Kept after it, everyone!

Shawn

I was on a two month plateau and then woke up one day and had lost 5 lbs.

I don't want to go that long again, but I sure have no anwers. I tried that

6 small meal a day for a few days and gained 2 lbs. My body is messed up.

And Yes, I exercise 6 days a week.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I haven't yet been banded, but I have been trying to lost weight on my own while on the journey to becoming a bandster. I have been at this same weight for almost a month now! I am frustrated!

My exercise person I meet with once a month at my gym suggested I work harder NOT longer. She suggested 1 lap as quickly as I could then 2 normal laps. . I did this on my daily walking until I got past my longest plateau. 1 month . Yuk.

I had 5 plateaus in my 8 month journey.

edie

I can relate to everyone here. I've been on a plateau for the last month, even after a fill on May 5th. I thought surely the fill would help, but that was not the case. I'm wondering if maybe I'm to tight? I don't have problems eating, with the exception of breads and sometimes chicken. Other than that, I can eat just about anything. I'm going to start exercising more, maybe that will kick in the weight loss.

I am on a 5 wk plateau - it is hard for me to know exactly what i weigh as i hold Water so badly. Monday morning i weighed 8.5 lbs more then tues morning and then Wed was half way between the 2 - this for me seems to be normal but it drives me nuts. I excersise and try to not over eat but i am truely stuck. On the other hand my pants are looser and people say i am getting smaller. I should take that as a positive but i am addicted to watching the scale and when it stays in my range, it is frustrating. I was told that watermelon and cukes are a good food to eat to help with the water. Love watermelon and eat lots in the summer anyway. I do not want another fill- i am pretty tight right now. I guess i will just have to stubborn this out. It just feels like I am not doing something right when that stupid scale doesn't move!