Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is happening?

Yesterday I had a piece of lemon pie for Breakfast. Bad I know.

Didn't eat lunch because I was at a concert

After the concert we went to Outback for dinner. I ordered a 7 oz sirloin steak, sweet potato and mixed vegetables. Proceeded to throw the "good" food up.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I have gained 10 lbs back and this is part of the reason why. I ate very little. Not even 1/2 the steak and a biteful of veggies. I can't keep good food down and junk stays down.

The Dr. says I don't have enough Fluid in me to be in the green zone although I had this surgery 3 years ago.

I am getting very discouraged because I don't know why this is happening.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

For me, this happens when I am over hungry, or ate too fast. I have to be very mindful of what I am eating, or those old bad habits creep back in.

Here's what I TRY to do, if I want the pie/ice cream, whatever, I tell myself to eat my Protein first. For instance my one egg and small piece of Breakfast meat. Then, I allow myself to have one spoon of the treat if I still want it. No one is perfect, and I think most of us occasionally struggle with old behaviors. Once I throw up something, I have Protein Shake for the next two meals in case I've irritated something. Take care.

Thanks. But the point that I am wondering is why does the bad food stay down and I throw up the bad food.

Sorry, missed that one!

Guessing, just like everyone else, but from what I understand, the dense Protein is what stays there long enough for your brain to get the

"I'm full" signal, the things that slide right on past the band don't stay there long enough to trigger that signal. Unfortunately, that's usually the high calorie drinks, creamy foods, things that break down quickly like cake, Cookies, ice cream, pudding, chips etc... Do you get stuck and PBG with bread, pizza dough, Pasta, rice, things that plug up?

I don't know the reason, but I am thinking of the food steak being rather tough pie being mushy and going on through. Makes me wonder if something is wrong or your not chewing thouroughly?

amponder - that is what I am trying to figure out. I know the bad foods slide right thru, but can't understand why the good food gets thrown up.

Could be my chewing. It's worth a try!

no problem, Kitt3000. Just glad you answered. I'm really not that hungry so a little bit fills me up. I don't eat rice or pizza dough or bread.< /p>

Maybe Amponder is on to something with my chewing.

I am sooooo sick of throwing up which is why I switched to the sliders that stay down.

:-)

I read something in my big lapband book the Doc gave me that a lot of people who have the band have trouble with steak.

Red meat was one of the first things I could not tolerate with the band....along with rice, Pasta, anything deep fried, and bread.< /p>

My Surgeon replied that all these are very common...depending on your band's adjustment.

My Wife likes Outback, but being a Bander there is not much of a selection there for me....

Generally chicken at a place like that is very tough, so I never order it when we go out.....

So I usually have Soup and a appetizer...(plus a cocktail or 2, or perhaps a Beer)

There is a "Balance" between the amount of fills, and the types of food, and how we eat.....

BTW, all my Dr.'s wanted me to cut way back on red meat...Cardiologist said only once a week....so after lap band surgery, they were all thrilled when I stopped eating meat all together...

Edited by B-52

Good point about the red meat. I just throw up so much. I will try chewing more and eating less red meat.< /p>

You are awesome B-52!

go walking - I barfed up tuna - MAJOR YUK!!!!

I don't recall having a problem with chicken though.

These are all great ideas. Thanks!!!

I usually asked to replace the 7oz for a 5oz and the vegetables for Mashed potatoes, since veggies are not friends of my band. I ask also for the Sauce to help food go down. I bet what happened to you was because of the veggies. Use a juicer to get your veggies in. The weight gain is gases ... I can easily get 5 pounds and loose it in hours because I get so bloated that I guess i retain liquids. I didn't start enjoying my green zone until I relaxed about what I ate and when I stop counting, for me counting calories and ozs was a trigger to my anxiety then I ate more.

I read something in my big lapband book the Doc gave me that a lot of people who have the band have trouble with steak.

Yeah, I got cleared to start solid food the day before Thanksgiving. Yesterday I had veggies and a 3oz of a filet (which I chose because it is the most tender cut) and it felt like it took all afternoon to eat it. Then I was full for nearly 6 hours! I was super careful to chew it really well, but it definitely took a lot more time to go down than anything else I've eaten. chicken and fish goes down pretty easily. The steak...not so much. Tasted great though.

Thanks for all the good tips. I was just worried that something was wrong because I throw up almost every day.