Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need a pep talk

I've been struggling for a few months.

It started in March. It had been 12 weeks since my last fill, so I scheduled one. I lost about 10 pounds in a week. Then, once again, my hunger returned and my weight loss stopped. They didn't give me but about 1.7 cc at that fill. But that brings my total to 7.7 cc in a 10 cc band.

Since I couldn't seem to control my eating when having solids, I started drinking Protein Shakes for Breakfast and lunch and eating solids at dinner only. It did wonders for the hunger, however, I still wasn't losing anything.

Today I talked to my mom and she said that everyone she knew who had the surgery around the same time as me had lost more than me. I was upset by that remark, of course, because it couldn't have come at a worser time.

I am scheduled to see my surgeon and get another fill on Monday, but I'm scared I've stretched the pouch now from overeating.

I'm starting to doubt that this band is really going to get me where I want to be. I've heard everyone say it's a tool, but how come I'm consistently eating less than 1000 calories and not losing for weeks and weeks?

I'm scared and frustrated. :think

My honest thought? Tell Mom to buggar off. You have lost 107 pounds! How fantastic is that???? You have lost more than a majority of people here AND you have a fill scheduled on top of it.

Get your fill, follow the rules, keep doing as you were and life will be good once again!

It's just that I have such a long way to go and I'm scared I'm not going to get anywhere close to there. My 141-pound ticker is just my SHORT-TERM goal. I need to lose about 250 pounds total. Some people don't even notice that I've lost over 100 pounds. Sometimes it's hard for me to even see. I know I'm probably just being a big whiney baby but I'm just so depressed that I'm not seeing any progress.

Please dont get down on yourself. Imagine if you hadn't lost over a hundred pounds you probably would weight even more. You probably have hit a plateau, maybe you need to change what you are eating a little bit to jump start the weight loss. Your body probably needs some time to re-adjust to losing all the weight you have lost. Talk to your dr, and maybe see a nutrionist.

Tell your mom she should be ashamed of herself.

Be proud of what you have accomplished. I am very impressed.

Good luck

Hell. Sorry to hear you so down. What my dietician told me was that if you get at a stand still try starting again with Phase 1 with the liquid phase and it should kick start your diet again like it did in the begining so that you can lose more weight again. I'm not sure if it will work, but it's worth the try if your weight loss is bothering you. Again, you have had such a sucess losing well over 100 pounds. 100 pounds is a lot and you should be soooo proud of yourself. I am proud of you, that is an inspiration to me. Hope you feel better hun, take care...if you ever need to chat, feel free to email me.

You have lost 107 lbs in 12 weeks and you don't think the band is working? Honey, you are doing great....I hope I do as well as you...get back to the basics....drink you liquids, don't eat more than 1/2 cup per meal....watch your calories...don't eat things that are empty calories.... i.e. ice cream, Cookies, etc ....you will be just fine...and don't compare yourself to others, and don't let anyone else compare you to others...all are different....and everyone will lose at a different pace....just focus on yourself....you hang in there...you will be at your goal weight in no time....

It's just that I have such a long way to go and I'm scared I'm not going to get anywhere close to there. My 141-pound ticker is just my SHORT-TERM goal. I need to lose about 250 pounds total. Some people don't even notice that I've lost over 100 pounds. Sometimes it's hard for me to even see. I know I'm probably just being a big whiney baby but I'm just so depressed that I'm not seeing any progress.

Derbygirl, I think you are doing just fine, you can not measure yourself against others. Sometimes I do that and its not a good thing. Be proud of what you have accomplished so far and you will continue to succeed. I also have 250 lbs to lose. My goal weight is about 175. I have about 73 more to reach goal. Keep your chin up.

Thanks for the support, guys. I'm still pretty down today, but I've made some decisions that I feel will help me get through this.

I've been thinking about seeing a therapist the last few weeks and I've decided I am definitely going to do that. You can be sure that mom will be discussed. This isn't the first time she's said something totally thoughtless and upset me.

Also, I'm going to sign up at Curves this week, which is something I've been putting off for months due to my financial situation. But I will save money elsewhere--this is important.

Wish me luck at the surgeon's office tomorrow. I have a bad feeling he's going to tell me to go on liquids for a few weeks because I've stretched the pouch. I hope I'm wrong.