Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow! Congratulations and good luck...

Thanks!! I now need to figure out the schedule piece. For those of you who've had a lower body lift, how long did you take off from work if you have an office job?

I didn't have a lower body lift, but I had an extended Tummy Tuck back in 2011. I was scheduled for 4 weeks off work, but ended up needing more than that. I only had an office job as well, but I needed to work only half days for quite a while. These types of procedures are very disruptive to your lymphatic system. I had pooling of fluids in my lower back that made it incredibly painful to sit in a chair for any period of time. I would say I wasn't fully recovered until about 6 months out.

.... I just looked back through my pay stubs and it looks like I wasn't back to work full time until 3 months out.

Of course, not everyone's recovery will be as difficult as mine was. Everyone's body handles things differently. But I would say expect to be off work for 4 weeks MINIMUM.

My surgeon said 4-6 weeks off minimum but I wondered if he was just being conservative. I am nervous about the procedure but excited too. I believe it will help me feel like I've accomplished everything I've worked so hard for. I am 129 lbs and wear a size 6 petite now. People tell me all the time how tiny I am but when I look at myself naked in the mirror, all I see is the skin. My stomach skin is pretty bad so I'm glad they approved the whole thing. I'm kind of over the moon tonight but am sure reality will set once I set a date for the actual surgery. I am thinking I may do it closer to the fall so I can go through the holiday's at home.

I didn't have a lower body lift, but I had an extended Tummy Tuck back in 2011. I was scheduled for 4 weeks off work, but ended up needing more than that. I only had an office job as well, but I needed to work only half days for quite a while. These types of procedures are very disruptive to your lymphatic system. I had pooling of fluids in my lower back that made it incredibly painful to sit in a chair for any period of time. I would say I wasn't fully recovered until about 6 months out.

.... I just looked back through my pay stubs and it looks like I wasn't back to work full time until 3 months out.

Of course, not everyone's recovery will be as difficult as mine was. Everyone's body handles things differently. But I would say expect to be off work for 4 weeks MINIMUM.

I did not have a lower body lift but I had an extended Tummy Tuck with muscles seen back together, breast lift with implants and arm lifts and I would say I wouldn't have felt ready to go back to work at a desk job until at the very minimum 4 weeks for what I had done. I don't work so I couldn't really say.

I was approved through insurance today!!! I still can't believe it because they never approve. I am so excited!!

How did you get your insurance to approve the surgery?

I plan on going to doc regularly and complaining of whatever!!

My insurance covers paniculectomy at 18 months post wls if it hangs down a certain amount.

You still have your 2011 PAY STUBS?!! LoL

Ha! No, I can look them up online. I actually never get printed pay stubs. The come to me via email as PDF documents.

I am 5 weeks out from my LBL, Tummy Tuck, and Lipo. I have to say that this week I started feeling really good. Not back to normal but starting to feel more normal. I am up doing my normal things although I don't work outside of the home. I still move slower than normal but it's getting better! Next week I will slowly star adding my workouts back into my routine.

I would for sure take 3 full weeks off of work and if you can do it I would take 4. This is just my opinion.

I am going to take 6 weeks off. I've scheduled it for December 1st so I'll be home through the holidays and it is slow that time of year. I am so excited!! I'd love to do it now but have a business trip planned in late September. I figured the beginning of December would be perfect!

I am not sure! I had my consult and was told insurance rarely pays. I told them I'd like them to submit it to see and if they denied I would self pay. I really had no documentation for any problems. But I can say anyone looking at my naked picture would agree that losing close to 150 lbs does take quite a toll on skin. Other than lower back pain and the way it looked I had no complaints. I almost fell out of my chair when I got the call. I really thought I'd be self pay. It was such a nice surprise!!!

What insurance do you have, if you don't mind me asking.

I don't mind but it won't help because it isn't a commercial plan. I work for a Healthcare organization that self insures with a private plan. The rules are so strict that is why I was so happy. I have friends with one of the blues and she had to fight to get them to pay for a panilectomy