Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surpassing my nemesis

When I started this journey, I was determined to win yet dreaded my lowest weight reached after multiple failed diets which was 241lbs. I had reached that weight at least 3 times over the last 6 years only to balloon back up +50lbs. Well yesterday, I weighed in at 237 and it felt so surreal as I had only dreamt of being in the 230s. Now that it's become a reality, I am stunned, happy and slightly nervous but I know this tool is working and I am determined. I still have 62lbs to reach my first goal weight but am super happy to have lost the 55 so far in less than 3 months. The best thing that could have happened. My lab work came in with great results last week: pre diabetes - gone; blood sugar - normal; cholesterol - down to normal....and the list goes on. Happy Sunday to all!

Edited by QueenA

That's right girl kick it..Worry about the might's, could, may's or the possibles later and concentrate on today and then tomorrow....You can do this...And keep it forever if you have your mind set changed and you see food as a form nutrition and not comfort...

Great so far! Just keep swimming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Queen, I am with you on this one. I measure my minor successes based on how clothes fit and reaching the '0's' on the scale, but I can tell you that I have two mini weight goals I want to pass because I have hit them before and gained it back and some. They are: 247 and then 227.

247 lbs represents what I have achieved in weight loss independently and 227 lbs represents when I left my hometown to live where I am today. My fear is that when I reach 227, I will just stop losing because my mind will tell me I have arrived. You know how your mind plays tricks on us.

Congratulations on surpassing this one goal. You/we can do this!!!

That's actually inspiring me. That's going to be one of my goals. To reach my lowest diet weight. Thank you! And Congrats on your victory!

Thanks @RJ'S/beginning for your kind words. You remain an inspiration as I read through your journey and how despite all the complications, you continue to encourage everyone. My mindset has definitely changed for the better!

@@BladeFox it seems like you are getting VERY close to your first goal and I encourage you. WE CAN definitely do this! It is our time to get our healthy bodies back. Keep me posted on how it goes :-)

@@rossigrl84 thank you and best of luck! It's a great mini goal to have :-)