Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, i am so close to just giving up on this whole thing.. For the past 6 months it has been nothing but hurdles. You know getting pushed back again.

Well on Monday the 14th I should have my surgery, after a mess up with my health ins the Drs sent the referral to the wrong insurance. Faxed it into the right one on Thursday great right.. Well I have been calling twice a day to check on it to see if it was approved.. Well this morning I called was told it was being reviewed great right.. This afternoon I called and was told it was declined when I asked why I was told not enough of a medical necessary.. Shocked I was called back again just to make sure I was hearing it right and this time I was told it was still being reviewed.

I am so ready to give up.. Day 10 on the liquid diet for what..

And to top it off I am grieving the loss of foods

Yikes! It's tough to be patient when you're not eating anything of substance! I hope it comes through soon... just keep being a bug up their proverbial arses.

Thank you I am trying very hard. I will call everyone again in the morning

Julez,

You're going through a lot to get this surgery and when it happens it will be well worth it.

Don't let anyone stop you from your journey for a healthier life.

Fight for what you want and deserve.

Let us know what happens.

Best wishes to you.

Hang in there....being reviewed is better than denied...

Thank you. I will. Right now I don't think I am strong enough

Frustrating!! Hang in there and be strong. I was told insurance approval could take 10 business days. I'm NOT looking forward to that part. Not sure why. I'll flip my lid if they deny me and I've already met my $2500 deductible and am closing in on the $2000 out of pocket ($4500 total).

Sorry to hear that. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. When they put the paper work to the right ins company I was told it would take up to 7 days I was like great that's the day after my surgery

So after a few phone calls this morning. Come to find out that the dr didn't submit the necessary paperwork. Yup now waiting for the Drs to call back..

Just don't think I can do this any longer it's been one hurdle after another

So after a few phone calls this morning. Come to find out that the dr didn't submit the necessary paperwork. Yup now waiting for the Drs to call back..

Just don't think I can do this any longer it's been one hurdle after another

Wow, pretty unprofessional. What's their problem?!

I don't know and I have yet to get a phone call back, the office is closed.. So I will start again tomorrow.. Surgery I hope in Monday

I don't know and I have yet to get a phone call back, the office is closed.. So I will start again tomorrow.. Surgery I hope in Monday

If u cant.... im NOT! I was doing ok til they called to get my final instructions and reminded me that there was a slight chance of death!?! Wth is wrong with these goons!!

What???? That's crazy. We all know it's a risk but come on Drs really

It's pretty much required that they tell you there is a risk of death. Any time you are put under anesthesia, there is a risk you won't wake up. Most likely you will have to sign a form right before surgery saying what surgery you are agreeing to and in all that fine print you never read, it will say there, too that there is a risk of death.

Don't let it freak you out...

There's my update... The doctors called me back late morning and said they faxed all the paper work.. The one missing was the last appointment with the nurse practitioner. She was also nice enough to let me know that I will just have to wait and see. Ok no problem but I am to call at 10 am to find out what time surgery is.

Has anyone had this problem? I am so close to giving up