Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a little over two months out, I've lost 24 pounds, and I've been stuck at 250 for three weeks. I'm getting frustrated because I don't know why I'm not losing weight. What could I be doing wrong????

Plateaus happen for no reason at all. Don't get discouraged. I found that when at a plateau, I was actually losing inches. Take your measurements to help you see how good you are doing. Just keep eating and drinking like you were told and you will soon start losing. We all lost fast at first, but it will slow down as you go.

I'm a little over two months out, I've lost 24 pounds, and I've been stuck at 250 for three weeks. I'm getting frustrated because I don't know why I'm not losing weight. What could I be doing wrong????

I've been away from the scale for a few days now and I have to tell you, it's liberating. I've been in the 207-209 range for several weeks. I'm 11 weeks out. It's making me crazy. So not weighing myself is a good thing. The stalls are very stressful!!!! I suspect stress is part of the stall.

There are many reasons for plateaus and everyone experiences them from time to time, some more often than others. It could be Water retention (possibly from Aunt Flo), less activity, not enough Protein, or your body could be going through an adjustment. You could be losing inches during this time. Don't cut back on food (if you snack you could back on that) and DO continue getting your Protein and fluids in. Stay away from the scale for a week or two. Focus on NSV's (non scale victories) like clothes fitting better, not needing a medication, climbing those stairs w/o being winded, or whatever changes you are noticing in your life. These are the little things that mean so much more than a scale number and are the things you are working hardest for. Celebrate every one of them!

The scale WILL move again, and most likely you WILL stall again eventually.

Note: My first and only stall happened at 7 months out. It was a doozey, lasting almost TWO WHOLE MONTHS! :-)

I was done last year, had a few platuaes, don't worry it's natural for the body the starts going again just stick to the plan. Look how a kids has growth spurts the platuaes, so why not the other way.? The body is smart let it work itself out. I'm down Niall 45 kgs and have been holding herd fir crew wekas I only want to loose another 5 kgs. DONT WORRY ITS NATURAL. IT TOOK TIME TO PUT THE WPeight on will take time to come off BUT WILL!!!!!!!

The scale is your enemy!! :P Seriously, stay away from it, and focus instead on how you feel. You still have a LOT of healing to do and your body is not yet finished freaking out from surgery. Make a pile of clothes that don't fit any longer and watch it grow! Focus on your non-scale victories and that scale will move again soon. I try to only weigh once a month, but usually break down by about week 3! Keep up the great work.

It looks like you have the band. I don't know if you have tried posting over in that section to get responses from others who went through the same surgery, as most of us here in the Gastric Bypass section have actually had the Gastric Bypass surgery.

That said - as everyone has mentioned above, stalls/plateaus happen to all of us at some point. Each time I've hit one I know it is time to break out my wallet as it means I'm going down in clothing size. BUT...I also use each one as extra motivation to exercise more so I can break myself out of it.

Have you checked with your doc to make sure you don't need to adjust the fill level in your band? I never paid much attention to the band info while going through my classes, but if I recall correctly it sounded like the need for weekly fills/adjustments was common for the first few months.

It looks like you have the band. I don't know if you have tried posting over in that section to get responses from others who went through the same surgery, as most of us here in the Gastric Bypass section have actually had the Gastric Bypass surgery.

That said - as everyone has mentioned above, stalls/plateaus happen to all of us at some point. Each time I've hit one I know it is time to break out my wallet as it means I'm going down in clothing size. BUT...I also use each one as extra motivation to exercise more so I can break myself out of it.

Have you checked with your doc to make sure you don't need to adjust the fill level in your band? I never paid much attention to the band info while going through my classes, but if I recall correctly it sounded like the need for weekly fills/adjustments was common for the first few months.

I'm a revision. I did have a band. It was revised to gastric bypass April 29th

I'm a revision. I did have a band. It was revised to gastric bypass April 29th

Sorry - was just going by what is listed on your profile on the left of your post. Bad assumption I guess.

Its been very slow with me from the begining its been slow but steady, I'm on 900 cals 60 to 80 grams Proteins. My surgery was April 9th and I've only loss 29lbs but my surgeon says as long as I am losing I'm going in the right direction.

bodyweight.png?ts=1405113134

Edited by Rosetta2014

I had 2 major plateaus in the very beginning. It was sooo annoying and frustrating. Basically your body is saying, "you're starving me, I need to hold on to the fat so that I have something." Once your body gets use to your new way of how its constructed on the inside and how you're eating, it will let go. After my second plateau, I haven't stopped losing. Don't give up!

Thank you MarathonGirl

bodyweight.png?ts=1405365621

I had 2 as well. First started at week 3 and the second at week 9ish. Both ended. Did not get on scale once I realized I had stalled.

It's very frustrating. I am four months today...down from 301 to 215. But have been stuck for two weeks. I have been losing steady and now ..zip. I know it will pass. This is my first stall and know it is normal. At my last visit earlier this month doc said if I wasn't hungry, don't eat. Just concentrate on hydration and vitamins....but I am reading about upping calories and Protein for stalls...confused. Any input is appreciated....

I stalled beginning of week 5 - I lost three lbs and then remained stalled now...I've been told to up my calories because I'm not eating enough.

At 312 lbs I should be losing more weight...fast... and it isn't coming off... its got me terribly bummed out. So I feel your pain!