Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No more lfill...Empty

I've been banded since 07 and yesterday I asked my doctor to remove my band. I'm having a hate relationship with it. I'm the biggest I've ever been and I honestly eat well. He said starving won't keep your body from loosing. I find that hard to believe! I was puking multiple times a day and barely getting anything down. I hope when I go back in a month he will see I just don't sit around eating ice cream. It's frustrating when you really watch what you consume. I hope not having any Fluid will help! I'm excited to actually be able to eat a boca patty or salad and keep it down! Bring on the scale in a month! Anyone have a rough go with their band? Have you wanted to just get it out?

"He said starving won't keep your body from loosing" & "I honestly eat well"

Sorry, but I'm trying to figure out what you're saying here? The first one I don't get at all(he really believes you can't lose weight if you starve yourself) and the eating well? What do you mean you eat well?

Apparently you've thrown in the towel so you may not answer these questions but I have to ask?

Do you track calories and how many a day?

Puking? Real puking or PBing? What are you eating that you have to puke?

Do you chew a lot, eat slowly and take very small bites?

Are you following the rules we all have to follow or do you eat lots of slider foods?

tmf

Ditto to what tmf asked. In addition, did you stop exercising as well? I can't imagine gaining all your weight back, if you're "eating well" and moving. I ate well before surgery.... I just ate too much and didn't get my butt out to exercise.

Yes I use myfitnesspal and watch every calorie consumed. My band I suppose was so tight at times a glass of 1% milk wouldn't stay down. What I mean by eating well is by following the rules. I drink Water and two glasses of 1% milk..no soda. I eat exactly what I'm supposed to. Honestly I know there is others who have had this happen. I have spoken to a few in the office. I am on the verge of throwing in the towel. My aunt died at the age of 64 in March. She couldn't have the surgery she needed because of anemia. My aunt was highly anemic due to her lapband. I'm just wondering long term will it hurt me. I know throwing up all the time was hurting me. My doctor has me going back in a month to discuss if I want it out still and see how I'm doing.

I just looked at your stats and unfortunately I can't personally give any advice as I'm not sure about all of your background information in regards to how much weight you have lost or not since your surgery in 2007. But to answer your question, no I have not thought about nor do I plan to have my band removed. It is the best thing that I could have ever done for myself. Hope things work out for you. Best wishes

re: fitness pal, etc

I once went 18 months listing everything I put in my mouth and every exercise calorie I could account for.

I was well under 1800 calories per day 9 days out of 10.

I didn't lose a pound.

However, my pants dropped 3 sizes and I went from 3XL to XL shirts.

Yes I still have am "30#" from goal. OK, make that "40#". The reality is our goal serves to help focus our activities.

Like the wagon train crossing the plains, we got to head for the Rocky Mountains otherwise we wander aimlessly in the mall parking lot somewhere in Nebraska!

It sounds like you have finally gotten TO the hard part of the journey. So have I.

No, I ain't staying here, and I ain't going back to the Land of the Morbidly Obese. Whatever effort and tribulation is required, it is less misery than where I was.

So cheers in your journey. Through out that cast Iron stove & keep the wagon tires rolling however slowly! Lost Trail Pass is just ahead!

Edited by Jack

A band so tight a glass of milk didn't go down?

Sounds like this was your issue right there. I'm surprised you doctor didn't focus on that.

Hopefully you can restart this. Get the unfill, and then start the refill very very slowly. Concentrate on dense Proteins which will keep you full. Milk won't fill you up, but I understand why you were reaching for it with a too-tight band. This is called soft-calorie syndrome and it is why you won't lose weight with a too-tight band.

All the best for a restart to your weight loss.