Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is being frustrated normal?

I just had my surgery on June 3rd. I'm happy I finally was brave enough to go through with it. Today I'm a bit frustrated. My family and I went to the movies. The smell of the popcorn and seeing people eat it just pissed me off. I know I can never have popcorn again. Also I know I signed up for this. All I can have is liquids right now. I'm in phase 1. I already lost 31 pounds. I'm just in a real foul mood today. Is this normal?

I have been in the foulest of moods in the last two days. I'm at week four of the pre-op starvation diet. (hugs)

You are having probably what they call buyers remorse that you can't have certain things any more.

I love popcorn but I have come to the conclusion that I rather not have a problem eating it and getting sick.

When my husband eats it it makes me a little crazy but I get over it quickly.

Being healthier and smaller is better then eating food that will bother my pouch.

Feel better and it does get easier to cope.

Normal! Things get better, they really do an lots of people eat popcorn too. Not me, not yet but it is a trade of I chose to make. We have the right to be in foul moods as we are human and wasn't food a go to thing for us? Now we don't have that. Vent here. It is ok!

Yes, very normal. I know some people who are a year out who have popcorn. What amazes me is when I am at a potluck with friends, I can't believe how much food is on their plates. Did I eat like that too? It definitely gets better. Be happy with your weight loss and marvel at your experience. Later you may not be losing as fast as you are now and you will wish for those days back.

Very Normal....although I CAN eat popcorn with no problem. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

(Just put kernels in a paper bag and microwave for fresh/low-everything popcorn...plus, the lining of commercial popcorn can be oncogenic, so you want to stay away from that anyway!

You will have frustrating days...angry days....happy days....but, it's just like life...some days are better than others!!!

Wow. 31 pounds in 11 days is incredible. Great job.

For me, the frustration really went away once I was able to move on to "normal" foods at week 7. Now I can sit and watch people eat anything they want right next to me (family, coworkers, dates, strangers, etc...) and it doesn't bother me the slightest.

I had a similar experience -- stopped by Wendy's at the mall on the way home from the second stay at the hospital (day 6). I needed something from GNC and then we went to Wendy's. I didn't get anything but we sat for them to eat. Every time a french fry fell off the tray I had to slap my hand to stop from picking it up. Like autopilot!

I'm sure it will get much easier as we go along. And, we'll find strategies like maybe sneaking something crunchy on the food plan into the theater so we can crunch too.

Best wishes!

I just had surgery Monday. My husband got the dirty look when, on the way home from the hospital yesterday he wanted to stop and have me buy him something from taco bell. I was like, no way am I spending my money on junk food when i can't even have a bite of anything at this point.

Then he wanted to order pizza for the kids for dinner. I said no to that to. He complained, we can't stop eating bad things just cause you can't. I explained to him that I just need a little time to adjust.

The worse thing is... he doesn't even want the food because he wants it. He only wants the fast food because he doesn't feel like cooking.

I am sure it's going to get worse before it gets better. But we can do this!

Jennifer

Uhg! Food! I feel like it's so mental....sometimes I can handle being around everyone eating and other times not!!! I take it meal by meal. I try to battle the feelings by reminding myself I put myself in this postion so I can be healthy! Usually I can get through it!

I just want to hide in a yogurt corner...