Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a buddy to do the Body-for-life challenge

Hello, is anyone interested in doing the body for life challenge? Here is a link to the official website: http://www.bodyforlife.com/index.asp Here is a link to a friend of mine that did the program (and won $40,000), you can see her before pics, scroll down and see her after 12 pics http://www.bodyforlife-tracker.com/showphotos.cfm?id=15910

The program is exercising 6 days a week, example

Week 1

Monday - Weight training - upper body exercises (you can print the areas off the official BFL website)

Tuesdays - 20 min of aerobic (HIIT)

Wednesday - Weight training - lower body

Thursday - 20 min of aerobic HIIT

Friday - weight training upper body

Saturday - 20 min of aerobic (HIIT)

Sunday - off

Week 2

M - Weight training (but you do Lower body)

Tuesday - aerobics 20 min of HITT

Wednesday - upper body weight training

Thursday -

Do you get the picture now. Anyhow, you also eat 5 to 6 small meals a day, and being a bandster, we would probably have to modify that some. You have to take a before pic, within 3 days of beginning, and you take an after pic within 3 days of ending.

I am just looking for a buddy, someone that I can be accountable to. The next round dates begin by June 24th, you can start anytime, but you just have to start by June 24th. I am wanting to start the program on April 30th (Monday). Anyone interested? The book is called Body for Life by Bill Phillips, it explains the program in more detail. You do exercise in the am, first thing in the morning (which has been hard for me).

I personally saw my friend transform her body (she was not fat to begin with, but "skinny fat", she totally changed her body. I know it works, even though its hard and intense, but its only for 12 weeks.

Just a question: is someone who has had "weight loss surgery" allowed to enter?

My husband and I have been following this since year 1, so if you enter be sure to let me know and we'll root for you!! :clap2:

Good luck!

Lisa

I am not banded yet but I would be interested. I do have the same question as Lisa though. Would bandsters be allowed? Let me know. I have the book but I haven't done the program, there are some really inspiring BFL stories!

Christel

I had the same question as you two, however, when I look at the rules there is nothing in there that says anything about weight loss surgeries. I might call the 1-800 number and find out tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Tonya,

you are doing AWESOME!! i wish i could do the challenge with you, but my body is just not ready for that intense weight training.

i am, however, doing Bob Greene's Total Body Makeover (Body For Life 'lite') and enjoy it.

best of luck to you!

I think I'm changing my start date to 4/23/07. I'm getting pumped up to start it. I'm anxious to see what my results will be after 12 weeks. I've started the program before BUT NEVER finished. I really want to finish it. Maybe posting it here will make me accountable.

For all of you guys, I also need some cheerleaders to hold me accountable. You can pop in here and ask me how I'm doing to push me. I need some pushing - lol.

So, I'm making it official and declaring to the entire board of members - I AM DOING THE BFL challenge. I'm starting 4/23/07! I will finish the 12 week program, I will not give up. I will post my before and after pics of the 12 week program and give updates every week!

I need to do that with you. I have the book and I've started to do it a few times before.

I need to watch how hard I work myself now, though, because last time I did the HIIT, I threw up and almost passed out. hahaha. I'll be here for you! Keep us updated!

Thanks nerveragain. I have read the book, and I know it works because I saw my friend do it - and win! I really just want to complete the program, just to say I did it. If I don't complete it, I will always "wonder". So, I'm gonna do it! Feel free to join in too.

I've been exercising, but not as intense as the BFL program, and I haven't been doing it 6 days a week.

So, it will be interesting to see what my progress will be.

I just called BFL and having WLS is ok. I asked when was the start date and the guy on the phone said that the last day was September something. Since I am only 3 weeks post op, I might join you later this summer. It would be great to have someone to do this with. Thanks

I just called BFL and having WLS is ok. I asked when was the start date and the guy on the phone said that the last day was September something. Since I am only 3 weeks post op, I might join you later this summer. It would be great to have someone to do this with. Thanks

Thanks so much for doing that....that is good to know. I am going on a cruise August 5th so I would like to be finished with the challenge by then, so I will need to start 4/23.

I'm 3 mos post op and my doctor just released me to do weight training, so not sure what your docs orders are, but make sure you check with him before you start.

I want to do the BFL with you. Like you I have started it before but never finished it. I'm getting excited. The 12wks. would end on my birthday if we start the 23rd., wouldn't that be a good birthday gift to myself :mad:

Sunshine I am so in with you! April 23 is perfect becasue it is 2 days after my birthday so at least I can get one martini in before boot camp!

Yay - I'm so glad I have some people doing it with me. Maybe we can push and motivate each other so we all make it to the finish line.

I started gathering my exercise stuff over the weekend, put it all in my workout bag. I got up this morning at 5 am - I'll be doing my workouts in the am so I'll get them done. So, lets jump in here every Monday and tell how our weeks worth of exercise went. I am going to take my "before" picture this weekend so I'll have it. I haven't decided if I am brave enough to take it in a bikini or not, but am thinking about it. I think with a bikini I can see the weight loss in my stomach at the end of the 12 weeks. After all, it will just be for my viewing for now, but I might take it in shorts & tshirt, just haven't decided yet.

So, everyone, take your before pick and at the end of 12 weeks, we can see our progress.

I love body for life and did the challenge six times in a row over 7 years ago - i went from 189lbs to 126lbs and i was ripped and beautiful (didn't win thought lol). Of course i won in many other ways.

Unfortunately, like many other times in my life I slowly got into all my old habits and am about where I started but hoping to change.

I think the program is great - good luck! One thing I always remembered Bill Phillips saying/writing:

Once you even contemplate skipping the workout - 'cheating' etc - it's over - don't even let your mind go there - just do it.

also follow the plan as closely as you can - the goal setting and journal keeping is key.

go for it!

Thanks for the advice Marys - I have to say, that in the past, when I missed a workout, I seemed to "give up". So I'm going to have to stay focussed in order to get this challenge complete - I bet you were ripped, doing it 7 times in a row - WOW.