Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss seems to have stalled

Yesterday made 2 weeks since surgery. I'm down 17 lbs but the scale hasn't moved in a couple days. Is this normal?

Yes, VERY...that said...put away the scale!!! Weigh yourself once a week, same time, same place...

Use your body as a guide for your loss as things get too big...the scale thing every day will make you crazy...our body fluctuates all the time...

you will experience stalls along the way, just stick with the program and it will "fix" itself...

good luck

Its going to happen. But if you start measuring yourself with a tape measure, most of the time you will see inches dropping even though the weight is not. It is very weird how that works.

This is probably the most common concern of newly sleeved members. The entire weight loss journey will be variable. There are going to be alot of unpredictable sensations and stalls and concerns, but in the end.....you eat less, exercise and the weight comes off.

I have found by charting a graph of my losses that I lose one or two or a few pounds and then plateau anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks with no loss and then resume losing a few again. Over and over and over. At first it ticked me off and was frustrating. Now I expect it and pay little attention to the time factor. After a while I look up and notice.....wow, I have lost 40 then 50 then 60 etc. It just keeps going. Relax. Try to ignore any lulls or stalls. Your body will adapt and then resume losing. ;)

Edited by Recycled

I was concerned at my 6 weeks appt that I had not lost more. My dr said I was right on track because I started with a lower BMI than some folks. If that helps:) I know there are many with lower BMI than me, so please don't worry! It will happen.

I am two months post op and I too have stalled . This is my second stall and it's already two weeks. Glad to see it's normal ????

I am two months post op and I too have stalled . This is my second stall and it's already two weeks. Glad to see it's normal

Stalls are all part of the process. The first few are frustrating but then you just get use to them. Be honest with yourself during this time, don't cheat or get discouraged, and keep on tracking. My last stall was 3 weeks long. IT WAS HARD but I got through and lost 4 lbs the next week.

Also....don't know if it is true or not...I tell myself it is time for my skin to catch up to my weight loss. LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches