Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Illan...where is the information?

I've been doing the customary digging around for info. I really felt a rapport with Dr. Illan based on what I was reading from others who've seen him, so I'm thinking of going with him. But why is it I can find so much information on the web about many of the other Mexican docs, but can't about Dr. Illan? He definitely doesn't market himself like others. I can't find anything listed about complication rates at all. Where are you all going to find out about your doctor choices?

Cara

Yes, I'd love some info on how to find out more about Dr. Illan @zmdh39. That would be super! @@StawberryBlond , I have requested to join the FB group but haven't been approved yet. Since the coordinator is the one who invited me, I guess that's just something he hadn't gotten around to yet.

Everything I hear about Dr. Illan has been wonderful...I just want to know all I can so hopefully I will not flip out when I finally get there, or cancel it, or something crummy like that.

Healthygal, I am 5 weeks post op with Dr. Illan. I will be happy to answer any questions you have! I could not be happier with my decision to use him. It was such a positive experience. My incisions have healed beautifully. The hospital was clean, the hotel was beautiful, Omar bends over backwards for all your needs, you are sent home with all your records, leak test xray, video of leak test, bandages, antiobiotics, something for a yeast infection just in case you get one from the antibiotics, omeprazole for any acids you have and pain relievers. And if you have any questions once you get home, Omar is a phone call or email away. Hope to see you in the FB group. It is the best way to read first hand all of Dr. Illan's patient's experiences as they go into and out of surgery and on to live their lives with the sleeve. So far Im down 26 pounds and I am never hungry.Hope this helps you out in your decision making!

Cara,

Dr. Illan and his staff are top notch! I was sleeved 8/31/13 and am down 123lbs :) I'm shocked every time I say that out loud or type it. I feel like a completely new person and owe my life to Dr. Illan at bajabariatrics.com. Feel free to ask my any questions you may have.

Thanks,

Sherry

Hey folks, just wanted to give an update! 8 Months out, down 90 pounds from surgery, completely loving my sleeve. Still can't recommend Dr. Illan enough!! I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Only 10 pounds from Onederland! Starting to think about plastic surgery for the darn extra skin, but I wouldn't change anything. :)

yKRu1qR.jpg

I had surgery 1/18/14 with Dr. Illan with bajabariatrics.com. LOVE the whole experience and am down 70lbs! You won't find a better surgeon and team in Mexico. The hospital, hotel, experience and journey have been totally amazing!!!! email bajabariatrics.com for any questions you have or feel free to message me. We are a family now and I can't imagine going through this without the FB family and team :) I'm only 22 yrs old and have been overweight my entire life and never have I felt as good as I do now. amazing journey.............................Good luck!

This is truly inspiring!!!! Thank you for sharing your story. Good luck on the rest of your journey!

Hey folks, just wanted to give an update! 8 Months out, down 90 pounds from surgery, completely loving my sleeve. Still can't recommend Dr. Illan enough!! I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Only 10 pounds from Onederland! Starting to think about plastic surgery for the darn extra skin, but I wouldn't change anything. :)

yKRu1qR.jpg