Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi, I am wondering what is the best way to research and choose your dr? i have been torn between 2 doctors and Im even interested in a possible 3rd that I have read great things about. If i go on their websites they all claim to say that they are the #1 dr in the world, they performed the most surgeries in the world, they work out of the finest hospital in the world, etc etc, you get my drift. any tips? or is it just go with your gut and who you feel the best connection with?

In my case, I consulted with 3 surgeons and my final decision was based on how comfortable I felt. Of course, critical criteria which I asked directly were as follows:

- How many years have you been practicing?

- How many procedures for each type of surgery?

- How many patients have had complications and why?

- Patient reviews etc....

In my case, the surgeon that sold me the most was the one that not only talked about the different types of procedures in depth but also took the time to explain the fundamental relationship between our brain and food. That was key to me as he spent quite a considerable amount reinforcing how this was a tool and that the majority of work would be on me to change my lifestyle. I found his focus on the nutrition part golden cause that is what ultimately makes us gain the weight.

Hope this helps and good luck with your final decision!

Edited by QueenA

It was very important to me to have a strict and strong aftercare program, with regular check-ins with a dietician, exercise physiologist, and support group -- as well as extremely detailed guidance on eating post-surgery and other recovery issues.

After a deep research I choose DrKelly in Tijuana he always has time for me and take my calls any time you can send them an email to get information directly from them wlsclinic3@gmail.com I trust my Doctor with my life you should look into it and might help you make your decision. Good luck!!!

I chose dr Illan in Tijuana because he had done so very many sleeves. I didn't want a counselor or nutritionist really, but I did love that he had a Facebook group of real patients I could talk to.

Choose a dr with good reviews, and one who has done many procedures. I think there are lots of good choices.

I wanted a full service clinic that offered great after surgery support. The one I found had three Docs all have incredible records. The team has performed 500 VSG's in the last year with only one complication ( a leak). All the staff with the exception of the NUT has had weight loss surgery. Those things helped me choose.