Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i am 60 years YOUNG - looking into a facelift

have to admit i already had a few wrinkles :angry:

searched plastics, couldn't find topic on this

if someone messes up on a Tummy Tuck or something, well thats terrible............

but this is my face that everyone sees - can't hide if a goof is made :(

hopefully there wouldn't be any issues

i would be having it done in the states

i feel and look great now after losing 105 lbs :)

but i know if i had the face lift i would feel better, and look cute as a button :D

any info would be great

thoughts, opinions????

holding my head and chins up high :D

kathy

Realself.com is a great place to read reviews and see before and after photos.

I noticed after the surgery, my face began to wrinkle very badly. It looked like paper thin crinkles. I am 65 years old and overnight I began to look like I was a hundred. My wife suggested I use Bio-Oil available at CVS. I apply a thin coat of this on my face each morning and the problem went away. It may not take care of the drooping skin but it seems to handle the wrinkles O.K.

proudgrammy,

Good for you!

I've been getting Botox for a long time. Just had some neck tightening done yesterday. The procedure I underwent uses radio waves to tighten the skin. I am doing this on my neck and face. The Botox helps with the wrinkles. Several years ago I had a filler-not Juvaderm, starts with an "A"-Artifill? The filler I used lasts several years. Juvaderm lasts one year.

I'm goling to continue to use as many non-surgical techniques, (Botox, fillers, radio wave tigtening, etc.) for as long as I can. Plastic surgery only lasts so many years. That's why you see those celebrities with the distorted faces. They start having plastic surgery, it runs it's course and is no longer effective and they have another one.... and on and on until they look freakish.

I wish you luck. My advice would be to research non-surgical techniques--they have given me the most bang for the buck.

Blessings,

Kathleen

@@CowgirlJane

thanx for showing me the site :)

gotta run, i'm gonna check it out right now!!! :)

see you around the neighborhood

kathy

@@proudgrammy Hey Kathy I wouldn't worry so much, the facelift procedure is very common and rarely ever have mistake incidents. You're already cute as a button so I don't think that's an issue. :D Just research your surgeon thoroughly and make sure they have extra credentials and perhaps a portfolio on work they have done.

Good luck!

Bio-Oil available at CVS

@@James Marusek

thanx for the good suggestion :)

we have a CVS close, so i'm gonna check it out :)

appreciate your response :)

kathy

facelift procedure is very common and rarely ever have mistake incidents. You're already cute as a button so I don't think that's an issue. :D

@@LilMissDiva Irene

thanx for the reasurrance about the procedure being done :)

advised also that i check out some non-surgical things like botox

so i will check all my options :)

what do they say, something like "knowledge is power"?

i want to look even cuter than a button post something?? LOL :lol:

take care

kathy

@@proudgrammy yes non-surgical intervention is great too! I had some Juvederm put into my lips and honestly just that helps with the looking younger believe it or not!

Kathy, I'm with you. When I get my mommy makeover next year I am definitely adding a facelift to the package.

I do all the non-surgical things, too, and they do help, but I still have turkey neck, jowls, droopy forehead and baggy eyes. Only surgery is going to fix that permanently.

I will say that regular skin treatments, like microdermabrasion and IPL and chemical peels, are great for improving skin texture and color and age spots (which surgery does not fix).