Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weight watchers?

Hello,

How are you all doing?

Question..... Is anyone combining weight watchers with the band? I was thinking of joining just to help jump start my weight loss. I have not been losing as I have not been well. I'm ready AGAIN!!!

Happy holidays!!!!!

Cheers,

Doriana

I have seen lots of posts re: WW over the past year. I haven't done it, but think it's a wonderful program. I have Nutrisystem on and off since before my banding. Now that I have FINALLY achieved the right restriction, I find that I have trouble finishing a NS meal. My tastes have changed a lot, though, so I don't like a lot of the food I ordered a year ago. Oh well! At least their meals are high in Protein and fairly low in carbs. They also tend to be a bit saucy or have a lot of gravy, so they go down okay if you are restricted by your band.

Just thought you might like another idea. I am not someone who likes going to meetings and weigh-ins and NS has a support board that is really helpful. A lot like LBT! LOL!

Can't wait to see what others post.

Yes, I would tell them about the band. It's a wonderful tool and I am so happy to have it... I really need the push from a diet and I know I could do it on my own, but i love being accountable and weighing in every week too....

Thanks..

Doriana.What about Tops.( Take Off Pounds Sensible). They have weekly weigh in etc and a third of the price

I go to weight watchers. I like it, I need a group meeting every week. I have lost 85 lbs with then before. I have not told them about the band, but I was going before I was banded. I go with a group of women from work and then we go for coffee.< /p>

Hi: It may have changed, but I think the rules of WW and TOPs is you must not have any aids for loosing weight to win any of their awards. I think if you tell them you have the band, it must be approved. I would telephone and check out their policy for the group you want to join. In my WW group, it is individually owned (franchise) and they don't allow and inplants. TOPs as well. doddie

I am not surprised at that - you can almost hear the other members saying things like "sure - she lost xx lbs because she can't eat anything anyways"

I go to WW - but I started over a year ago. I haven't said anything about the band.

I think it helps with the "making good choices and incorporating exercise" part of being banded.

I am currently following similar food ideas and things as WW but I personally would not join again.

Although I liked weight Watchers and I did loose weight with them (50 pounds which I have since have put back on) the groups by me were so bad. Full of skinny teachers that had 10 pounds to loose and use the group forum as a chance to either teach everyone else on how to loose like them since they lost a pound, or whine that they miss hamburgers. Very annoying when you have over 100 pounds to loose. :)

Also I would probably not join again because of the cost. I spent the money on the band because I never wanted to spend money again on other diet and eating plans. I figured since I kept all my WW books, cards and other things I don't need to pay to get it all again.

totally a personal choice and I can understand how the weigh-in once a week motivates you. It used to for me. Good luck with what you decide to do. If only loosing weight was as easy as putting it on. :)

Please don't even talk to me about weight loss groups as far as I'm concerned they are misleading and depend on my weaknesses and exploit people, I'm bitter about their condesending attitudes(imagine a sneaker sticker as a reward.....I want to scream I'm 42!!). My one hope is that the band helps me enough that I never have to walk through the doors of another awful meeting. Thanks for letting me vent and if others find them helpful that's great but for myself they only added to my feeling of failure.:)

(imagine a sneaker sticker as a reward.....I want to scream I'm 42!!).

LMAO!!! That is so true. Such silly stickers make you feel like a 5year old!

Susan

Thanks guys.....I still have 14 weeks of coupons from last year and really have nothing to lose by joining. I love the idea of writing down every BLT... (bite, lick and taste) keeps me more accountable like this.... Today was my first day and I'm doing GREAT so far............ Even if I go till my coupons run out....LOL..

Have a great weekend,

:hungry:

Hi: I won't go back to WW either. The last (of three times) I lost 99.9 lbs. I was so excited I mentioned to the instructor that next week would be the big one I just knew it. She being so proud she had lost 25 lbs told me "oh, it is not such a big deal many members have lost 100 lbs or more". I was crushed and the weight came back on. Thus the band. It doesn't argue with me, doesn't give in to me. I screw up and it lets me know it. Well worth the money and I love my band even though I have only had it since Feb.01/07. Doddie