Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A question for the fellas

I'm curious how your wives/girlfriends/etc have handled your surgery, change in eating habits, and weight loss. Is your lady bigger or smaller than you? Do you think that affects her reaction to your situation? If she is bigger, is she going to consider WLS or has she had it already?

Also, do you think you have a harder time with the smaller portions? I know society always assumes men need the huge portions so how hard was it to change your mindset? I struggle with it myself so I can only imagine how hard it would be if I was expected (I can't think of a better word for this) to eat that much anyway!

I'm asking this because I am trying to picture my husband getting lap band and I just I can't see him being able to follow through with all the restrictions. (Although he has surprised me in the past!) He's not getting it or even considering it anyway...just a thought that popped into my head!

My wife is 5' 3" and weighed about 154 when I had surgery. She now weighs in at 133. She's eating different foods than I eat and most times she eats more.

I have no problem with the smaller portions. I have no desire to eat more than what I put on my plate most times. Even if it's super delish, I might have one or two more bites. Anymore than that and I'm stuffed.

i know this one was for the guys

but like TMF, my hub has changed with my eating

he has lost about 25 pounds, and with us walking/doing more

my WLS has improved not only my life, but his??.....

so its a win win....we both exercise more, we both eat better

and the sex...well, what can you say?? ♥

Same here. Hubby likes to brag that we got a two-fer. I had surgery and he's lost 38 lbs. we both are eating better and exercising routinely

Thanks for the replies! I posted this one night and have been busy ever since!

My husband is finally getting in the "I need to get healthy" mindset and I couldn't be more happy. We are moving on Saturday and get to literally start all over in our kitchen. He's already said he wants to try to shop on the outside of the grocery isles! So proud, lol.

I'm hoping with my fill and his new revelation we will start losing weight together. He also wants to join Planet Fitness once we move as well... I'm not sure if we will really have a lot of time to devote to working out (with a 10 month old at home), but I'm sure we can find some time!