Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protien shakes & other drinks

I KNOW THAT I WILL MOST LIKLY BE ON liquids FOR A FEW WEEKS. WHAT KINDS OF PROTIEN shakes DO YOU LIKE? WHAT IS YOUR FAV FLAVOR & OTHER drinks WOULD I BE ABLE TO DRINK sugar free ICED TEA & KOOLAID SUCH AS WYLERS. ALSO broth AS IN NOTHING IN IT RIGHT? I WANT TO GET ALL MY DUCKS IN A ROW. AND DO YOOU MIX YOUR SHAKES WITH Water OR MILK? TELL ME PLEASE!

Hello, I use whey Protein by Body Fortress from Walmart, i use 1/2 scoop of vanilla and 1/2 scoop of chocolate w skim milk and I really enjoy it. I never liked shakes or anything like it but with time I got used to it and now I even miss it, weird! I will be doing a revision from lapband to sleeve on the 26, God willing everything goes as planned.

I LOVE the chocolate Premier shakes, ready to drink, available at costco, Sams Club and some Walmarts. They also have the powder which I am going to pick up tomorrow.

I ordered Protein samples from Nashua Nutrition and I totally recommend doing this before buying a whole tub. I tried the Syntrax Nectar chocolate Truffle because everyone seems to be crazy over it.... honestly this stuff is magical. I could totally do two weeks of pre-op if I could drink that three times a day! Also tried the Syntrax Cappuccino and that was great as well!

I also liked all the ones that were already mentioned. Body Fortress is very good and reasonably priced. I often added Torani syrups to it or fresh fruit. I used milk - it gives you more Protein anyway - and I often used Almond Milk - a little less Protein but also fewer calories. I liked the Syntrax Roadside Lemonade when I wanted something a little different. There is a good deal you can get with them for a set of samples - I think you get 14 - and it was good to try them all. I bought it almost two years ago now so don't remember the details but I'm sure if you search the forums or even Google it you will find it. It's a one time deal. The Premier ready made shakes were perfect to take on the road with me. There were many times where we were heading out and I wasn't sure when or where we would be eating so I would keep one in the car at all times. I also would grab for a quick Breakfast when we wanted to 'get up and go' and I just didn't feel like really eating (believe it or not, you'll understand after better after surgery). Then there is powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored. I bought a tub of both that as well as their chicken Soup. The Soup was very good again when I wanted something different. You should be able to get sample packs to try first too. I was fortunate that my surgeon gave me some before I ordered the whole tub (even though their tub is half the size of many). Lastly one that I only tried recently but have enjoyed is Bari-wise - their hot chocolate and their chocolate shake/pudding mix. They have a little less protein than the others but are pretty tasty and low calorie - mix with Water, so good for a protein 'bump up' if you are running low against your target some days.

Hope this helps...

Hi! My favorite powders are Syntrax Nectar chocolate truffle and the double stuffed cookie. I mix my shakes with milk now, but the first couple days after surgery I was not tolerating milk so well so I used Water. Just a tip though, I mixed the double stuffed cookie with water one day because I was out of milk and I thought it was nasty! I also ordered a bunch of samples from Nashua Nutrition- love that site. I recently tried the Celebrate cake batter flavor and it was pretty good. I like to mix that one with a bit of SF pudding mix.

Pure protein!!! I love the shakes in the can.

Syntrax Nectars are great. My husband even likes them and he hates Protein Shakes.< /p>

I LOVE Core Power Light they are so good!!! A little pricey but they don't have that chalky taste like a lot have. That one is the only one I like.

I like injury, especially chocolate, I really like GNC Cookies n cream. I'm looking into samples from other companies. I bought a book written by a gastric bypass patient on Protein Shakes called. The Bariatric Foodie Guide to the perfect Protein shakes by Nikkie Massie. She also has blog Bariatric Foodie which has more shake ideas.