Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Less than a week to go.

This time next week I will have gone under the knife, the pre op diet is going well I have lost 6kg in the last week. Nerves have not come into it so far I think this week is going to feel more like a month than a week lol. I will be keeping busy by looking at new homes this week although not planning to move for a few months, I also collect my new baby tomorrow, a tiny kitten.

Good luck Willow. You are in for big changes. Have a safe surgery.

Thank you 1Day, how are you doing after your surgery? Any hints or tips?

This time next week I will have gone under the knife, the pre op diet is going well I have lost 6kg in the last week. Nerves have not come into it so far I think this week is going to feel more like a month than a week lol. I will be keeping busy by looking at new homes this week although not planning to move for a few months, I also collect my new baby tomorrow, a tiny kitten.

Ahhhh willow,

Sooo pleased for you. Keep up the good work, no crisps? At least you got lovely stuff going on to take your mind off it a bit. A new baby in the home and looking at houses, boy, it's all change. How nice for you. The biggest change has already started to happen !!!!! Good luck. Keep us posted

Thanks Lucky and no, there have been no crisps lol. I am doing ok will started to get my bag ready, got a new dressing gown and slippers so now it seems real lol.
I collected my new baby, having lost my old cat to old age this little thing has made me realise how big a whole there was in the house. He is such a comical little thing and has had me laughing most of the day.

Have you heard anything yet about your appointment date Lucky?

Edited by willow13

Willow, my tips are that you follow what your surgeons office has instructed you do. They are the experts and know how to prevent you from having any issues. Its better to prevent the issues then correct them on the other end. Drink water/fluids all day and eat only what is on the list. I did buy the Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies and Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook for Dummies and have found them to be of immense help to me. Don't look at this as a diet... look at it as your new life style so it becomes your new norm. This is actually how most thin people eat. I'm in this to get the final prize. On to goal!!! Good luck.

Thanks Lucky and no, there have been no crisps lol. I am doing ok will started to get my bag ready, got a new dressing gown and slippers so now it seems real lol. I collected my new baby, having lost my old cat to old age this little thing has made me realise how big a whole there was in the house. He is such a comical little thing and has had me laughing most of the day. Have you heard anything yet about your appointment date Lucky?

Pleased you're enjoying the little fella. Its doing you good. So sad when you loose a loyal pet, when they are special you miss them so much. No news really willow, apart from my second hospital appointment. This time to see the hospital dietician again and anaesthetist on the eleventh next month. Don't know what the waiting time is after that. When I had my last hospital appointment I asked how long and the surgeon said probably end of March early April. But it seems a bit hopeful, don't you think?

Don't blame you getting your bag ready, and it's so nice having some new things to go into hospital with luv.

Its Friday today, which means my surgery date is getting closer. Nerves have started kicking in a little but not too bad, its not even that I am nervous of the surgery, I trust the surgeon and anaesthetist whole heartedly, its the thought of spending 2 days (minimum) in hospital. I hate hospitals, (I would rather sit in a dentist chair while they worked on my teeth) I am also not looking forward from being away from my family. In the 15 years that we have been married, my husband and I have only ever spent 4 nights apart and they were when I was in hospital lol. (I know how pathetic am I hahaha).

Its Friday today, which means my surgery date is getting closer. Nerves have started kicking in a little but not too bad, its not even that I am nervous of the surgery, I trust the surgeon and anaesthetist whole heartedly, its the thought of spending 2 days (minimum) in hospital. I hate hospitals, (I would rather sit in a dentist chair while they worked on my teeth) I am also not looking forward from being away from my family. In the 15 years that we have been married, my husband and I have only ever spent 4 nights apart and they were when I was in hospital lol. (I know how pathetic am I hahaha).

Ahhh willow

I do feel for you luv. I also hate staying in, in hospital. Please don't be nervous though. Where my daughter stayed, in a bariatric ward the staff were so kind, and the other patients too. When we went to collect her she was having a right old chat, normally she would just keep to herself. Hopefully it will be the same for you too.

As for me, well what can I say!!! We are a small business and can't really afford getting more staff in. So all I can think of is to delay it. But it might not happen even that soon. She dud say on the phone that they were applying for extra funding, but I'm not counting on it. Now I really know why you were warning me. Other people, in other areas seem to go through the list quicker. But never mind hey?

Good luck and keep us up to date, thinking of you

Thanks Lucky, I know it took me 4 months from meeting the anaesthetist to getting my op, others can be longer with some much quicker, it really does comes down to area, hospital, etc. so will keep my fingers crossed for you because you really don't want to postpone if it is possible after jumping through so many hoops to get to the surgery stage.

Of course I will keep you updated and again thanks for your kind words

Thanks Lucky, I know it took me 4 months from meeting the anaesthetist to getting my op, others can be longer with some much quicker, it really does comes down to area, hospital, etc. so will keep my fingers crossed for you because you really don't want to postpone if it is possible after jumping through so many hoops to get to the surgery stage. Of course I will keep you updated and again thanks for your kind words

You are more than welcome Willow. How are you doing this week? What's going on for you with the pre op diet, when is D day?

D day was Monday. I have had quite a rough time of it since then. I have been in a lot of pain and have been really struggling getting fluids down. I started running a temperature yesterday so just hoping it was a down day and not the start of an infection. I am shattered, sore and really want to get home, I am so sick of hospital now. They say rest but everytime I try to sleep someone comes over to do obs or some machine starts bleeping. Yes its fair to say I am feeling sorry for myself today lol. I never expected to be in so much pain. I have had abdominal surgery before and sailed through that so expected to do the same with this as I have a high pain threshold (usually). I have a lot of trapped gas which is causing a bit of discomfort too.

D day was Monday. I have had quite a rough time of it since then. I have been in a lot of pain and have been really struggling getting fluids down. I started running a temperature yesterday so just hoping it was a down day and not the start of an infection. I am shattered, sore and really want to get home, I am so sick of hospital now. They say rest but everytime I try to sleep someone comes over to do obs or some machine starts bleeping. Yes its fair to say I am feeling sorry for myself today lol. I never expected to be in so much pain. I have had abdominal surgery before and sailed through that so expected to do the same with this as I have a high pain threshold (usually). I have a lot of trapped gas which is causing a bit of discomfort too.

How you feeling now willow? Home yet?

Hi Willow, I've been following your journey. How are you feeling?

I hope you have turned a corner today and have less pain to contend with. One day at a time.

Peachy x

Hi Willow. Oh I remember those first days...they were indeed pretty rough. My surgery was also on a Monday but Friday and Saturday proved to be the turning point and by Sunday I was feeling pretty dapper. The secret is to keep moving...walk walk and walk some more. It really does make you stronger and makes you feel better. It gets the gas moving so it can be released and for some reason it makes you heal faster. That first week I was saying to myself, what the hell have I done to myself but by the next week I was at peace with it all. Hope you are feeling better. Janet