Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clothes Sizes

So I came to the realization this weekend that I am for the most part, out of the "Plus size" title.

While shopping at my favorite plus size resale shop, I found that alot of the awesome, cute tops I was trying on, were too big. I discovered 1X which loosely translates too 18-20 in the plus size world. I also figured out that this size can also be found in the misses sections of most store as opposed to plus size areas. I also realized that I can wear a 16M as opposed to 16W.

As I stood dumbfounded in this epiphany, a sense of fear and nervousness washed over me. Silly you say? No, not really.

It has been many years since I have worn these sizes and tho elated and almost teary eyed, standing in the middle of Walmart in the Misses section in pure shock, it almost seems unreal.

Laugh if you want but I know there are some out there that feel the same. Thanks goodness for the resale store where I take my clothes. Just means I can shop more until I reach the size that she does not carry.

I don't think anyone would laugh. Congrats!

Thank you so much HHHappy.

Size-16 is my real goal, my "dream size"... I am so happy for you!!! And that epiphany moment, it's happened to me with other things already... "Hey wait my arches don't hurt..." "Wait, I just... I just tied my shoes!!"

I started at a tight 28-30 (mostly "I can't buy any bigger at even Lane Bryant, crapcrapcrap) and now... I'm definitely feeling like these clothes "run big". Not enough to buy smaller yet, but soon...

And when I'm done, I wanna be a 16, like you right now!!! <3

I really didn't believe it was happening. First I lost a shoe size. Then realizing what I thought was my size was too big. It's awesome but scary. I told my hubs it was like leaving my comfort zone and never going back.

Now to find some fun pajamas. LOL

Oh and where are my manners. Thanks and you too will be here in no time at all. When in October were you sleeved? I was on October 7th.

Edited by dfwtxmissy

Actually I was on Feb 10 2014... So you're 4 months ahead of me! But I love seeing success stories, especially success stories that line up with my own goals. :)

Tomorrow is my first postop appointment and I will have to 'fess up to having eaten actual food today...

Congrats. You have so much to look forward to. I have to admit there are down days..I call them bad food days. But it's an adventure. You will do fine and I am sure you won't be the first to "fess up" about eating.

So funny, I had this same moment. I'm now in a size 14 big, size 12 a little tight and I had to ask a friend where to go to shop. I've shopped in the plus size stores for so long I'm having a hard time walking into a regular size store and feeling comfortable and not lost.

I can so realate to this.. I walked around JC penny not knowing were to go if I am not shopping in the 1x to 4x sizes. Actually I hated all of the smaller clothes and found myself wishing the larger clothes came in smaller sizes. Samething at Walmart crazy.. Oh and another thing that gets me is the sales racks when I was larger all the smaller sizes were on clearance now I am smaller and all the larger sizes are on the clearance racks .

Last yr I was browsing the clearance section of Old Navy. Found a cute pair of skinny white jeans for $8. Took the 10's and 8's into the dressing room, hopiong for the 8's but knowing it would probly be the 10's. Walked outa the store with 6's. I think they must've been mistagged. Those have become my fav pants!

Have fun with the shopping. Its so nice to shop in the regular section vs the "fat lady store".

I can't believe I am there. It makes me nervous but I am sooo excited. I can get capris in a size that the legs actually touch me and not be big enough for both my legs to go in one side. I have chicken legs and this has always been an issue in plus sizes.