Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dating

Wow how do you even begin dating or finding anyone that would understand me? I'm 42 and want to start dating.. But how?

Try online? That seems to be how a lot of people meet these days. Or social groups for folks with similar interests (like meetup.com).

May I ask what you mean about "understand you"? The weight loss? Lack of dating experience? Or?

Lol I've been divorced for over 4 years. So def out of practice. Just how you handle telling someone you use to be BIG!

Is that your cute little self in your photo there ms. Goofee?..cuz from where I sit..looks like you just have to be in the yard gardening...lol..or just hanging out at the grocery store???..I'd say gather some girl friends, go to a very swanky place, and I think nature will do the rest!!!

Lol that would be me :) I'm playful and silly. I need some sun I'm so white lol. I don't know the first thing about gardening and I'm not a bar person or club. I'm all about my girls I guess. They are my world... Maybe that's why I have trouble :/

ok I be serious for a sec..don't worry about telling a new guy about your weight..if the subject comes up..simple is better. My youngest daughter is a cronic dater..lol..she says if it comes up she dishes, if it doesn't, it doesn't, she doesn't seem to think it defines her, I don't think it should define you. If he (the new guy) becomes a serious thing, well then I think you should tell him in your own time. When you feel comfortable to do so. Just advice from a mother watching her bariatric daughter date.. :D

ok..I'm having to much fun here..I could get you into trouble...lol..but if you children are all under 16, delete this post...

But if you children are over 16..Im thinking its time MAMA show whats she made of..Im sooo not gonna say 'Join a church group"..but town socials are fun..go out and about with your girls to picnic..community centers..blah blah blah..I thinking 'Getting Out' might help...lol..ok Im done..lol..good luck on the dating front...IM me if you meet a good one...lol

my gym is FULL of hot guys..ok..Im really done now!

Lol.. Mine are 14 and 21... My gym has a few too. Can't help but look at some.. Yum yum. The whole dating life is weird now to me. I guess because I was married for 12 years and you just get use to being with someone. I've decided I'm making time for me too. I'll let you know if anything exciting pops up lmbo!!

I am 42 and recently divorced! I gotta say... The new me is loving the attention! But be careful... Some guys only want.....! They are easy to weed out tho! Go out... Have fun... It will happen! Good luck!

You could always try the online thing. Or maybe join some local groups that interest you. For example if you like to run there are tons of running groups where you meet lots of new folks. There are many groups for many different interests out there. Just have to be comfortable with putting yourself out there more and it will happen! Good luck to you!

As indecision stated there are a lot of special interest groups to meet new people and run together, bike, book clubs, and photography, etc. one site I've poked at is just meetup.com. It's not a dating site. Just a place for people to find groups for stuff you like to do / try to do.

If you want to focus on dating, yeah I'd suggest going to online dating sites or keep your eyes open for gym guys, random guys when out shopping. I was married for 10 years when I got divorced. Dating again is scary but it's easier once you get over the initial scary hump.

Speed dating. I want to try it.

I tried it once.