Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liver shrink diet

4 week liver shrink diet for me! Surgery on feb 11th! Started the diet on Tuesday..... Going well thus far....anyone else working on their preop diet?

Me too...consisted of two Protein Shakes and a very light salad with 4oz of lean meat...lots of Water.< /p>

I'm on day #12 of my preop diet. I am so grateful that the fatigue and detox headaches have gone away. Now I barely feel hungry.

My original surgery date of 1/22 had to be canceled so with my surgeon's permission I will be staying on the preop diet for another 1-2 weeks. The more weight I can take off before the surgery, the better.

Keep up the awesome work ladies! Definitely not the easiest thing at first!

My diet consists of 1000cal 100g Protein and 60gm carbs per day so I think I have it a little easier than some do.

4 Protein shakes with unsweetend almond milk/day (EAS vanilla whey), Sometimes substituting with Isopure grape

1 small serving of a low carb fruit

1/2-1 cup low carb cooked or raw veggies

1 frozen meal- under 250 cal, with less than 30g carbs (healthy choice steamers- are my fav)

48-68 oz of sugar free liquid

I only had a headache and dealt wit

h some nausea the first couple of days....only on day 5 though! Preop appointment 1/30. Surgery 2/11.

Seems like forever away! Hoping it goes fast! Have a lot to get done in the meantime!

Good luck all!

Amanda

HW- 314

First Appointment WT 310lbs

Prior to liver shrink- 292

Today- 284.6 lbs

I'm on day 19 of a 21 day preop diet. Four Protein Shakes a day. That's it. Not bad. But I will glad when it's over. Surgery Tuesday!

I'm on day 19 of a 21 day preop diet. Four Protein Shakes a day. That's it. Not bad. But I will glad when it's over. Surgery Tuesday!

Good luck!

Surgery scheduled for Feb. 4th. Started my pre-op diet on Saturday. Its consists of a Protein Bar or shake for Breakfast and lunch, mid morning, afternoon and evening Snacks of small piece of fruit or half a cup and 3 oz of lean meat, salad, 6 unsalted crackers, and a small piece of fruit for dinner. I'm very hungry!! My potassium and Iron were low, so I'm on supplements. Hopefully I won't have to reschedule my surgery.

I'm on day #12 of my preop diet. I am so grateful that the fatigue and detox headaches have gone away. Now I barely feel hungry.

My original surgery date of 1/22 had to be canceled so with my surgeon's permission I will be staying on the preop diet for another 1-2 weeks. The more weight I can take off before the surgery, the better.

I commend you. I'm only doing 15 days and it's hard. I never thought I'd long for just a salad. Just to be able to chew something. Lol. Well I'm sure it will be worth it all in the end.: )

How is it determined how many days you have to be on the pre-op diet?

How is it determined how many days you have to be on the pre-op diet?

It seems to vary. My surgeon at Kaiser SSF isn't requiring me to lose weight or do any pre-op diet outside of the usual no food/drink after midnight the night before. I think the main concern is they want to make sure the surgery tools can reach the area safely that they are operating on. The more belly fat you have, the harder it is for them to do their job. I carry weight in my midsection but I'm on the smaller side with a BMi of 35. Haha. Okay, at 5' 7", 223 pounds, that is probably the only time in my life I have described myself as small! I also eat a pretty healthy diet already but have made even more changes myself to ensure I am successful post-surgery.

I just started my preop diet on Monday. Two Protein Shakes and one meal a day, off the grocery list the dietitian gave me. I have lost 7 pounds since Monday. I don't have specific amount to lose, I am not required to do a 6 month diet thru UHC. I don't see the doctor again until April 7th.

I'm on day 5 of the ketosis diet. Still having the headaches here and there but not quite as much hunger and grumpiness as in the beginning. I get 35-40g of carbs and 105 Protein. It's definitely a challenge of will. :wacko:

I just started on my 3-month supervised weight loss. I'm not following the nutritionists guidelines yet... I'm just cutting out junk and trying to trim portions. I have never been able to make drastic changes quickly. I'm a master at baby steps, so I hope that I will a) lose the 5% of my weight the nutritionist told me to, and B) make it as easy as possible for the surgeon to reach everything he needs to.

Reading all of your posts is making me feel more serious than I have so far... I think I'm going to try harder. Thanks for sharing, everyone!

I wish I could eat real food. I'm sitting here not able to sleep, I'm not really hungry but I feel like my whole abdomen is just empty.

Day one of Clear Liquids, Protein Shakes, Jello, sugar free Popsicles. God I want some peanut butter!

Same thing I'm on. Day 5 for me. Last two days very bad headaches and bad taste in mouth from ketosis. The consumption part is not bad...I'm satisfied. #nocheating #determined