Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 600 lb life

Has anyone been following the series "My 600 lb life" on TLC? WOW, the first season stories were all over the place. One person from the show has passed. The first season followed the heaviest people for 7 years and their struggles. The second season looks like it just follows the next group for 1 year. My comment on the show is BRAVO! Surgery as we know is the ONLY tool that helps in our cases. I just wish the lady from the first episode would not drink diet soda...there is a scene where she goes to the drive-in and orders a large diet dr pepper and says to the camera "this is going to hurt" but drinks it anyway. The dr on the show told her that the diet soda will stretch her stomach, hopefully, she gets a clue and stays away.

In short, I hope the show illustrates that surgery is not an easy way out. Its still a struggle, you still have to watch your diet, you still have to exercise.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Joan

I just watched 4 episodes I had backed up on my Tivo last night. That one woman could lose another 200 lbs or so by getting rid of her a**hole husband.

That husband was the worst! Totally not supportive. I felt sorry for their daughter who had to witness the treatment her mother received from him. She needs to get away from him or their daughter is gonna be screwed up later in life. The cycle repeats itself sometimes.

I watched one episode of the biggest loser and cried my head off....This is not for me..I am not ready to be in that much pain for others yet........

I have seen these shows on You Tube and watched the entire thing.....Isn't surgery a miracle if used properly....

I think it is... :)

I remember this show! I had no idea there was a second season. The two that resonated with me was the woman ( I think her name was Melissa) whose husband liked to fool around on the internet with other women. What a jerk. And then the overweight young girl, whose name was Ashley I think...goodness I absolutely wanted to punch her mom ! She made the nastiest comments ever.

TLC had a really cool show in 2008, I believe called Big Medicine. I really loved that show :-(

The 2nd season began on Tuesday. Should be a good group!