Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My mind is beating me up...

Hey sleevers! So I'm down 93 pounds with 8 to goal. I'm currently 158-160 (my bounce) I've gone from a size 20/22 to a 4/6. So I surpassed my goal of being a size 10 but haven't reached my weight goal. Each day I wake up and I work hard to stay on track. My problem is I wake up each day wanting to be 150. ( I gained a few over Xmas and lost it and got back to where I was) I'm eventually going to need a LBL and thigh lift as well as breast lift (no implants) hoping to do this by summer if funds are available. How do you teach your brain that you're healthy and have lost such and lost and not focus on that scale number? Any suggestions on getting these last few off? I'm thinking of hitting the gym again 5-6 instead of my 3-4 that I cut down too. Any advice is appreciated. I gotta get out of this funk.

The scale is but one voice among many. Blood pressure, pulse count, blood chemistry, measurements, strength, all are valid indicators and I would say better ones.

Exercise, proper Water intake, rest, getting enough food of the right kind, all set the metabolism to get rid of the last holdouts of fat. I am in the place of try to figure out what is fat and what is loose skin. I am already past goal but would like to get rid of any excess fat.

For heavens sake Susie! 4/6? When you were shooting for a 10?! I'm sorry, but you can't have them both... 150 AND 4/6. I say so! Can't you just find some peace and live with the 4/6 and don't worry about the 150? You have done sooo well... gotten to at 4/6..... that is awesome! How about focusing on a different goal instead.. like Gman says... perhaps how many steps you can do in a day, or some other health goal, and not just a "vanity" goal. I think you have the looks nailed already!

If your planning on extensive plastics, it can knock a few lbs off. So maybe you will be 150 after that. How tall are you?

Lynda

Oh yeah, forgot to mention you are in the "vanity zone" now. Nothing wrong with that. I wanted the vanity zone too ( losing more than is needed for better health alone).. Everyone is different. Just recognize it for what it is. My doc was happy with my weight at 155, but I wanted 135.

It really is your decision to make. Some prefer a more curvy look and some seem to naturally settle at a certain weight and stay there.

I had to up my exercise to 6 days per week and cut back on treats to get the last few pounds off.

Lynda

Oh Susie, you have kicked the hornet's nest lololol! Not in a bad way, but this right here is the meat and potatoes (no pun intended!) of psych issues we sleever have. I have yet to meet the sleever who didn't have a "surgeon's goal/ my goal" pair of numbers, with the surgeon's being at least 10 lbs more! Feed Your Eye is correct - you can't have it all and really, those numbers on your pants are just a big constructed lie anyway -go to Nieman Marcus, then go to Wal-Mart, then try on something from the 50's, then try on a european size. The numbers, much like the diamond market, are a construct. I have no idea what your exercise regimen is but you might consider strength goals, there really is a popular movement out there nowadays called "Strong is the New Skinny". Set a goal of being able to do 10 pull ups, or running a 10 minute mile, start training for a tough mudder or a marathon ...

As for your plastics, like another poster, I don't know how tall you are or your body comp but I know that for myself, I am 5'3" and 169 lbs, I am 40 lbs away from goal but when I scrutinize my flesh, I can see that with plastics I would easily lose about 15 pounds of skin and tissue, so really I am only 25 lbs away from goal. And yep that goal is my goal - surgeon's goal? 20 lbs heavier! lololol

If your planning on extensive plastics, it can knock a few lbs off. So maybe you will be 150 after that. How tall are you? Lynda

I'm 5'6" Linda... Maybe the plastics will get me there. Thanks!

For heavens sake Susie! 4/6? When you were shooting for a 10?! I'm sorry, but you can't have them both... 150 AND 4/6. I say so! Can't you just find some peace and live with the 4/6 and don't worry about the 150? You have done sooo well... gotten to at 4/6..... that is awesome! How about focusing on a different goal instead.. like Gman says... perhaps how many steps you can do in a day, or some other health goal, and not just a "vanity" goal. I think you have the looks nailed already!

Maybe you're right, ok you are, lol. It's just so hard when you're obese you're entire life to set your mind set. I think I'm going to focus more on strength training and go from there. Thank you

Thank you all for the great suggestions and replies. I have to stop this anxiety and be happy where I've got. Gbat- you're right, being type one diabetic and hardly taking insulin and all those other meds I used to take says it all. Things r starting to make sense now ;)

Suzie, I am all support for you, whatever you want, I am not trying to be mean or bossy, I just want you to be happy and really realize how great you have done already and not miss out on satisfaction after all that work to get where you are! I want to lose 5 more pounds too, but I am at goal now. That 5 I will play with and not stress about. I'm good. I just want you to realize how good you are too!

Suzie, I am all support for you, whatever you want, I am not trying to be mean or bossy, I just want you to be happy and really realize how great you have done already and not miss out on satisfaction after all that work to get where you are! I want to lose 5 more pounds too, but I am at goal now. That 5 I will play with and not stress about. I'm good. I just want you to realize how good you are too!

Thank you for your input, I know u mean well ;). I'm happy, I just keep thinking about my loose skin and if it was gone, I'd feel better, then again I think, if I lose 10 more pounds would it help my loose skin, which I know it won't.

Thank you all for the great suggestions and replies. I have to stop this anxiety and be happy where I've got. Gbat- you're right, being type one diabetic and hardly taking insulin and all those other meds I used to take says it all. Things r starting to make sense now ;)

The number one thing we all did this for ( I hope) is health. That has certainly been achieved. You have done excellent and wearing a 4/6. We are pretty much the same. Although, I am 5'8". My goal was 150 also. I did reach it BUT regained some after three years. Recently, relost that weight and added another "vanity zone" 10 pound weight loss. It CAN be done and you can get to goal but most importantly, it won't happen over night and won't change all the other "head" stuff. As Florinda (Globe) said I haven't seen anyone that doesn't have a Dr Goal and a personal goal! LOL. We are, by nature, not ever entirely satisfied. Keep it up, Girlfriend! You are doing great!!!

Susie, I offer some warning advice on following the "if I get plastics I will feel better" trail, it's a particularly dark rabbit hole, just ask CowgirlJane, who has discovered an entirely new continent of issues to deal with now that she has had plastics. She will be the first to tell you that, as it turns out, plastics do not necessarily heal the grooves we've worn from years of mental "cutting".