Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am almost 10 months post op and I'm down 120 pounds. I started at 356 and now weigh 235... I'm currently wearing a jean size 20 and they are too big, don't need to unbutton or zip to take them on and off. So I got a pair of 18 size jeans and they don't fit... I have to lay on the he's to get them to fit... What is the problem here. Ugh

Maybe the cut , brand, style, fabric. Could be anything! Go to the thrift store and really shop around for something with a small price tag that works for you.

Did you accidentally grab a pair if juniors size by mistake? I know I've done it recently. Trust me when I tell you that juniors are NOT made for hips or curves.

I agree with the other poster. Go to a thrift store to get them cheap. I've been taking my "fat clothes" to the consignment store.

I'm a firm believer in quality bras and panties, so I treat myself to Victorias Secret bras and panties, but I get my outer wear at the thrift or consignment store.

Totally depends on the style and brand. I buy a lot of Levis and Denizen and even similar styles from year to year have different cuts. Unfortunately it is trial and error.

But also don't forget that most jeans have a lot of give. So the ones that I have to suck it in to zip when they are fresh out of the dryer still might fit just fine...

I'm in a size 8 in most brands, but I have 2 pair of size 4's that fit in one brand. I joke that I only buy that brand because I can fit into a 4. :)

I hate shopping for jeans more than anything. I can range anywhere from a 12 to a 16 right now. I hate that my hubby can just walk into a store, grab a pair in his size and they magically fit like a glove. Not all jeans are created equal. It is trial and error for sure. I have been finding lots of great deals on jeans at consignment shops and even Goodwill.

I'm so glad you posted. I had the same problem and I was trying same brand and same store pants. Here's what I did wrong--remember in most jeans, size 20 is really 20W. But 18 comes in both W and non-W. I'm currently in a size 16 (no W!) but I went from 20 to 18W to 16W to 18 to 16. I'm 5'7". I haven't got the math down, but it seems to me that I need a new size every 20 to 15 pounds. I use that for motivation!

I'm in a similar situation. I am down nearly 40 lbs and I am still wearing the same size 18 jeans. They are a bit too big on me, but the size 16 jeans I have are tight. I can zip the 16s but have a muffin top which is not what I am going for. For now I am just dealing with the saggy butt size 18s, and hoping to get fully into the 16s soon.

I've currently moved from 14-12 and it has been very difficult to find 12s that fit decently. I buy from goodwill and thrift stores and have tried 20-30 pairs for the 2-3 I could buy and wear. I do find that while they feel tight and it actually feels good that it does squeeze my middle making my excess skin an issue. I make myself wear them anyways and know I won't have a perfect body even though I have a smaller one

You are soooo right about the 18w vs an 18. TOTALLY different!

I have no ass naturally, but the 16w's REALLY give me saggy ass. But when I try a regular 16 on I get major muffin top!

Thank God for Spanx*!

Something else to consider, a 14 regular vs a 14 tall or 14 petite all fit differently not only in length, but also in the waist/hips/butt. I am 5'5 and need the regulars, but have found the talls fit better, so I just take them up to fit length wise. I have found that the talls seem a bit more forgiving in the hips, and stomach. Also remember that same brand, doesn't mean same style. I know that old navy for example has boyfriend cut, flirt, tomboy, regular, low waist, etc. I range from a 6-10 in old navy depending on the cut.

Something else to consider, a 14 regular vs a 14 tall or 14 petite all fit differently not only in length, but also in the waist/hips/butt. I am 5'5 and need the regulars, but have found the talls fit better, so I just take them up to fit length wise. I have found that the talls seem a bit more forgiving in the hips, and stomach. Also remember that same brand, doesn't mean same style. I know that old navy for example has boyfriend cut, flirt, tomboy, regular, low waist, etc. I range from a 6-10 in old navy depending on the cut.

I had never realized the difference between "average" and "tall". Thanks so much for pointing it out! At 5'7", I fall mostly in the average, but I buy tall when I can (in jeans) because after washing, sometimes the legs shrink up too much. It also depends on the shoes I plan to wear. Now I understand why my "tall" 12s fit me and my "average" 12s don't. This is great information.