Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 15, 2013 Sleever and progress

I was sleeved on August 15,2013 weighing 247 before surgery and After I weighed 258. I am currently 204. Is this good or bad. What is some of you progress and I also need to add I really don't get te to workout from dealing with work, kids, and wife duties. Please help me because I am starting to stress.

post-136067-0-21924600-1387285006_thumb.png

[ATTACH]38723[/ATTACH]

post-136067-0-21924600-1387285006_thumb.png

[ATTACH]38723[/ATTACH]

post-136067-0-29899600-1387285046_thumb.png

[ATTACH]38724[/ATTACH]

post-136067-0-33656000-1387285068_thumb.png

[ATTACH]38725[/ATTACH]

post-136067-0-46648000-1387285083_thumb.png

[ATTACH]38726[/ATTACH]

Top two pics and the pic below were before surgery and I cannot tell a difference. Please keep it honest with me. Have I waisted time and money?

post-136067-0-49738800-1387284805_thumb.png

Edited by Lovelyprw

Hey there! I was sleeved the same day! I think you are doing AWESOME! What is your goal weight? I found I like to focus on the percentage of excess weight lost instead of the scale these days.

I was just talking with my doctor the other day about how I have no idea how moms, dads, wives, etc. do it all! I just have me to worry about and I swear this whole process feels like a full time job sometimes, so I am in awe of you for losing almost SIXTY pounds while still doing life.

I do have the luxury of getting to the gym pretty frequently, but some days my work schedule just doesn't allow it. On those days I try to set an alarm every hour or half hour and do push ups against my desk, squats, calf raises, lunges, etc. It only takes a few minutes and it gets my mind back in the game (this journey has proven almost 95% mental for me so this is key for me). I have also started getting up super early and exercising before work. I'm sure you have to get your kiddos off to school, so that may not be an option but worth suggesting just in case. It was hard to get used to but now I wake up before my 5 AM alarm! I would love to be your workout buddy to keep each other motivated and such!

Finally, I can definitely tell a difference in your pictures. Your entire midsection is a fraction of what it used to be! You also look like you shaved years off your face! I'm with you though, can never tell a difference. Just come on here and post and everyone will give you the truth about how your body is changing.

Again, keep up the good work sleeve sister!

I was sleeved on August 15,2013 weighing 247 before surgery and After I weighed 258. I am currently 204. Is this good or bad. What is some of you progress and I also need to add I really don't get te to workout from dealing with work, kids, and wife duties. Please help me because I am starting to stress.

Top two pics and the pic below were before surgery and I cannot tell a difference. Please keep it honest with me. Have I waisted time and money?

First u look amazing..congrats..second I was sleeved on August 12...it was the best decision ever. I agree with it being hard to find time to work out..I have two jobs..two kids..and the list goes on. I also work out at my work station lol..it helps me wake up.I'm always on the move with cleaning and with life. I find that I'm so much happier these days. I play with the kids more and more. I started in a size 20 now I'm a 12. I don't like to tell people because the sleeve is a tool and it just helped me figure out that eating healthy makes me happy. I choose to not eat like I did..we can still put sliders in our body but it's the best feeling waking up that I had been in control of my life again. The worst thing is that I'm so constipated all the time.I go once a week but that's with a laxative. Ok so don't get me wrong I do eat and drink some of my old favorites like wine and pizza..but I enjoy it that much more..it's a treat. My goal is to be 130 @ my cousins wedding this may. I started at 261 and now I'm 190. I keep telling myself one day at a time.

Oh and no I don't think u wasted ur money ...I think I've spent thousands of dollars on weight loss products and memberships..work out dvds. That's been probably in the last 5 years with little to no results. Put ur faith in urself and God and the rest will follow