Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sacramento Anyone?

A anyone having their surgery in Sac? If so where and who is your doc? Can you tell me what you like and what you don't like?

I'm using Dr. Eslami

Hello-

Dr Eslami performed my sleeve surgery on the 13th of November. He is great and all went well.

I hope your surgery goes well and you have a smooth recovery. It is a tedious process fir sure!

Hello-<br><br> Dr Eslami performed my sleeve surgery on the 13th of November. He is great and all went well. <br> I hope your surgery goes well and you have a smooth recovery. It is a tedious process fir sure!

I'm excited to meet him! Did you go to south sac or Folsom? Do you know if he requires you quit smoking? I did just in case. When was your surgery? What was your highest weight? How much do you weigh now? Why did you choose the sleeve? How are you feeling?

Sorry for all the questions but I am new and scared and excited and anxious! Does he do many lap band procedures?

Hi there-

I see him in south sac. He will not operate if you are a smoker, at least that's what he said at his seminar. He also said he doesn't do a lot of lap bands anymore as many are opting for the sleeve. I thought about the band but after reading so much regarding complications and long term success, I opted for the sleeve.

I am staying off the scale because it hasn't moved much but I am losing inches. My watch spins now so I know things are happening.

Good luck with your decision(s). This is life changing!

I'm so effin scared!!!! I have been hearing lots of things about the band too and I am interested in the sleeve because I can still use some of my stomach.. How long are you off work for?

I have been researching this for too many years... It was time to take care of myself. I like that there is still absorption and that I will be able to eat whatever just in small amounts. I like the support offered by Rondi and Amanda in the office. It was perfect for me.

I took five weeks off. At almost two weeks post, I feel pretty good. I am going to enjoy learning what I can and cannot tolerate and how my sleeve works at home.

It is scary at first. Funny thing is once I researched and made up my mind, I got committed and the fears all left. Replaced with determination to go through all the hoops required by insurance.

5 weeks!! Really? Do you have a desk job? I'm hoping 3 at the most!! My boss would flip out on me... I still am waiting for insurance approval though so maybe it won't even happen.. (That would suck) I just prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Lol. Yes five... I am old and have plenty of time on the books. I am going to enjoy every minute of taking care of me. For a change...

5 weeks!! Really? Do you have a desk job? I'm hoping 3 at the most!! My boss would flip out on me... I still am waiting for insurance approval though so maybe it won't even happen.. (That would suck) I just prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Hey.. I thought you were going to that female doctor in Sacramento? The one that said sleeves were to risky?

I had the surgeons office obtain insurance approval. My PCP referred me and then I went to seminars, classes etc. once that was done I got a list of required tests needed and my PCP wrote the referrals for those. Once I got to Eslsmi, I was ready to go. Insurance approval was a snap at that point. .

Lol. Yes five... I am old and have plenty of time on the books. I am going to enjoy every minute of taking care of me. For a change...

I have over 300 hours in the books so that's not the problem for me either. Good for you though!! Take good care of yourself!

Dr. Machado was my first surgeon but I found out that she is not covered under my insurance so now I am going to Dr. Eslami.

I had the surgeons office obtain insurance approval. My PCP referred me and then I went to seminars, classes etc. once that was done I got a list of required tests needed and my PCP wrote the referrals for those. Once I got to Eslsmi, I was ready to go. Insurance approval was a snap at that point. .

My PCP has done it all and has sent in my insurance stuff prior to me sing Eslami cause he did not want me to incurs any unknown costs.

Dr. Machado was my first surgeon but I found out that she is not covered under my insurance so now I am going to Dr. Eslami.

But what about the band? Will you stay with that? You seemed pretty adamant about not thinking the sleeve was even a good procedure.

Not busting your chops! :)

Well.. I did want the band at first until I realized what a pain in the ass it would be. And I saw many bandsters getting revisions. I was not even decided the last time we talked. I believe I said that a few times; that I did not know what the hell I wanted. But after much talk with my doctor and doing more research I'm thinking the sleeve ain't such a bad idea after all! lol!!! I was just gonna do bypass but then I started thinking logically and thought, " hm, I need my stomach to be useful, just not a big as it is!" Lol!! So in leaning towards the sleeve now!