Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery last Monday, November 11th at Lenox Hill Hospital in NYC. Dr. Edward Yatco was my surgeon. I was hospitalized until November 13th and have been home recovering. Needed some painkillers for the first 2 days, but other than residual gas from the carbon dioxide during surgery, I can't say I have any discomfort. I have a frig and cupboard full of Protein Shakes, Jello, Consomme, cases of Water ... I can feel the fullness after a few sips, or a half-teaspoon of broth, or Jello, but except for some occasional hunger, I am feeling remarkably good and plan to return to my desk at work for a few hours tomorrow. My first post-op exam is

If you had surgery last week and would like to share your experience and the journey - here's the place.

I was also sleeved Monday but in Arkansas. The first week was rough for me because I couldn't really stomach anything but I'm starting to feel like I'm coming out of the fog. Looking forward to the next week.

Another 11/11/13 -er here :). I went to Dr. Illan in Mexico and feel great as well. The first 18 hours were uncomfortable (I came out of the operating room awake & hurting--I had asked for little to no narcotics and that's what I got, lol :)!). I took an anti-inflammatory pain killer for 2 days and now am back to walking my 2 miles/day, etc.

I think I will be a slow loser, but I'm okay with it, especially if I can keep a lot of my MUSCLE :).

Best to all and let's keep each other posted.

I am an 11/11/13 vertical sleeve pt also. I had my surgery done in Wyandotte, MI. The first day was rough, my pulse was in the 39-50 range and the monitor kept beeping. Anytime I would move it would go in the normal limits. I couldn't get much sleep with the monitor beeping and so I found that if I walked I could keep the pulse up (the monitor from beeping), keep the SCD stockings off and get on my way home faster. Went home the next evening and no more pain meds. The gas pain in my shoulders and chest pain from gas was bad but it mostly gone now. It took about 3 days to get lower than me pre surgery weight due to all the Water weight. The small amounts of food I can have tastes wonderful and I'm waiting to upgrade the diet weekly. The walking is going well and I feel almost normal. I am wishing everyone health and success on our wonderful journey together. I am 5'4", was 303lbs at my heaviest, now at 274lbs and can't wait to be able to move this body easier and be healthier. Good luck to all.

I had my surgery last Monday, November 11th at Lenox Hill Hospital in NYC. Dr. Edward Yatco was my surgeon. I was hospitalized until November 13th and have been home recovering. Needed some painkillers for the first 2 days, but other than residual gas from the carbon dioxide during surgery, I can't say I have any discomfort. I have a frig and cupboard full of Protein Shakes, Jello, Consomme, cases of Water ... I can feel the fullness after a few sips, or a half-teaspoon of broth, or Jello, but except for some occasional hunger, I am feeling remarkably good and plan to return to my desk at work for a few hours tomorrow. My first post-op exam is If you had surgery last week and would like to share your experience and the journey - here's the place.

So two weeks out today! How's everyone doing? I've lost from 237 to 209 since preop and tried canned chicken today with avocado instead of mayo. Wonderful! Its first of mushy food for me. I was ready for it! Tired of soup! A lot of new noises coming from my new stomach and tons of hiccups but I'm learning through this process. I'd love to hear your stories!