Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attitude And Emotions

My attitude can definitely go from 1 to 10 with you just looking at me wrong.

My emotions where are they ?

I definitely don't have any empathy or sympathy for stupidity and foolishness.

My attitude is getting worse by the day.

Not really nervous , but feel so stressed out.

Has this happened to you ?

Well after reading that I was a bit scared to answer... :D

But yes I found that going into surgery my emotions were all over the place. And not just because of the major surgery I was about to get.

It was everything.

I am fat.

What have I come to that I need to do something so radical.

What if I fail again.

Am I making a mistake.

These and many other thoughts guided my days.

I have to say my moodiness did not end right after surgery either. I was prepared and so was my husband, but it didn't make it any easier somedays.

I said to myself ok you can't be trusted with food so you are essentially going to take your free will to eat away for a long while.

But those days, weeks following surgery?

I missed food, I missed the act of eating, I knew I would, I mean that what I signed up for right?

But it was a painful mental breakup.

I wanted to binge and sooth myself.

We just went through something major and our main source of self soothing has been taken away! So my nerves were raw, and I went through some feisty days..

All I can say is it is an emotional roller coaster, warn those around you, that you may have some mood swings, and when you are feeling them, recognize them for what they are and be kind to yourself and others :)

Well after reading that I was a bit scared to answer... :D

But yes I found that going into surgery my emotions were all over the place. And not just because of the major surgery I was about to get.

It was everything.

I am fat.

What have I come to that I need to do something so radical.

What if I fail again.

Am I making a mistake.

These and many other thoughts guided my days.

I have to say my moodiness did not end right after surgery either. I was prepared and so was my husband, but it didn't make it any easier somedays.

I said to myself ok you can't be trusted with food so you are essentially going to take your free will to eat away for a long while.

But those days weeks following surgery?

I missed food, I missed the act of eating, I knew I would, I mean that what I signed up for right?

But it was a painful mental breakup.

I wanted to binge and sooth myself.

We just went through something major and our main source of self soothing has been taken away! So my nerves were raw, and I went through some feisty days..

All I can say is it is an emotional roller coaster, warn those around you, that you may have some mood swings, and when you are feeling them, recognize them for what they are and be kind to yourself and others :)

This definitely helped !! Because I am going thru this now , its like EVERYTHING is getting to me and I truly sometimes can handle myself .. my poor boyfriend and family

Well said Laura! I agree completely w/ everything you said and experienced the exact same feelings!

The best thing to do is talk to them about it now, so they can understand where it's coming from.

You are making possibly the biggest change you'll ever make in life, and change isn't always easy. It helped my husband a bit to understand it wasn't him (sometimes) :)

Wow. I honestly just thought it was me. I'm bipolar and I've been "stable" on these meds for over a year, which is difficult to do. My last appt before surgery is scheduled is in a couple of weeks and I feel like a ticking time-bomb of emotions. I feel better just reading that it isn't just me. That other people understand.

April

I'm still angry a lot and I'm 3 months out! I get set off with the slighted change in someone's voice.

Bam attitude!!!! My husband has just returned home and is walking kinda light around me. I still don't know what to do about it. Grrhh

However it did help with my best friend I. I finally got some stuff off my chest and we're better now than we were 5 years ago. lol

The Good The Bad and The Ugly! So not much help :(

I am definitely going to take the time out to talk to my family and boyfriend . :)

And I'm gonna have a sit-down with my kids. They are ages 17, 18 and 22. Old enough to understand.

Well it does get better. But it does take awhile and some work. food and emotions, emotions and food... They went hand in hand for so many years, I can no longer turn to my friend, my comfort, my nemesis, food.

There were days it wasn't pretty. At a year? It's better.. But I'm still working on new ways to cope.

I am definitely going to take the time out to talk to my family and boyfriend . :)

And I'm gonna have a sit-down with my kids. They are ages 17, 18 and 22. Old enough to understand.

Lol it's good to do.

But I tell you,sometimes I'd be mad and my husband would be like

"ok Laura I know what's going on your having a hard day right"

And that would piss me off even more :P

I'd be like "no mother fucker I'm fine it's you! Your an ass!"

Well it does get better. But it does take awhile and some work. food and emotions, emotions and food... They went hand in hand for so many years, I can no longer turn to my friend, my comfort, my nemesis, food.< /p>

There were days it wasn't pretty. At a year? It's better.. But I'm still working on new ways to cope.

What helped the most?

Working out?

Physically draining yourself?

I'm tryn that next. :)

Mostly why I read lots on here I hafta escape sometimes :o !!

My temper IS a short fuse!! Was never long to start with HA But now even my animals irritate me..... sigh.....

P.S Glad its not just me "being crazy"

Omg. I just spewed Water all over the place!!!! I'm still laughing. I can see me saying this as well!!!!

Even now I can hear my husband snoring and I wanna go in there and wack him with a stick.....or at least poke him.....HARD :wub:

What helped the most? Working out? Physically draining yourself? I'm tryn that next. :) Mostly why I read lots on here I hafta escape sometimes :o !! My temper IS a short fuse!! Was never long to start with HA But now even my animals irritate me..... sigh..... P.S Glad its not just me "being crazy"

Well... It does help yes! But I'm still a lazy slob :P

Yes talking about it with people here definitely helps me because you guys just "get it"

Therapy.. I've been doing that for years.

But also I talk to my husband a lot about my emotions. I still get mad but I'm more apt to tell him how I'm feeling and also that it still makes me want to eat and it's nice to be able to open up about that.

You know, getting that secret out there. It's really helped.. The honesty.